Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Sep 30, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #226 of 810
Don,t know if it has been posted.

But Beatechnik has an LPS upgrade for the DMP-A6: LPS FOR EVERSOLO DMP-A6 ($286)
Will be available in Nov. And it will replace the PS in the DMP-A6.
I dropped back into this thread just to post the same video. I really dig it when some wacky engineers hone in on the A6's "weak point" and conjure up a creative solution. I mean, we'll see how much of an improvement this is when reviews start dropping... Personally, I appreciate that no soldering is required. :thumbsup:

Oct 1, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #227 of 810
Few possibilities:
1. You install a DLNA capable music server program on your PC (if not yet on it). PC connected to home router. A6 connected to home router either per ethernet or WiFi. A6 usb out connected to K9. A6 can play the music from the DLNA server to the K9.

2. Install a 4TB M2 SSD into the A6. Copy the music to this SSD. A6 plays the music from internal SSD to K9 through usb.

3. Feed the active speakers directly from the A6 (ok, this one in not solely a streamer function:wink:)
Sorry, for the very late response...
thanks Newsee, will consider 1 and then 2 option..

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #228 of 810
Have been listening to and playing with this unit all day today just to test some of the features. Some thoughts:
* Mounting a SMB share from a NAS to the internal library feature is not that hard and found my 100 GB small music library on my Synology after authentication in the files area.
* Album Artwork feature could be better for local media (streamed media works fine from a service with artwork). A lot of albums even older MP3s and newer FLACs that have album artwork stored internally in the tag don't appear with artwork, but instead just show a record or cd icon. Assuming they're working on fixing this.
* Roon for some reason sounds marginally better than in the internal Qobuz app. Tested this A/B with certain albums I remember. Clarity is slightly better using Roon Ready endpoint.
* Classical artist selection isn't that hard to do with local files I just typed in my preferred artist and it displayed all the albums quickly.
* The smartphone control app is slightly buggy sometimes when casting and switching between phone apps the cast gets messed up going back into the app and you need to exit and re-cast to get the touch display to work. This only happens like 10% of the time.
* And my final thought is that I will probably cancel my Roon subscription after getting used to how this unit works. Roon is really good software (I don't personally use ARC). Roon is great, but somewhat cumbersome with the monthly backup of the software library I do each month. The roon folder is like 4 GB with thousands of sub-files and takes a while to copy over to my offline storage device via gigabit LAN. The built-in Qobuz app is really kind of nice how it works, easy to find stuff, easy to listen. Curated playlists and genre searching. Really liked how they built in the streaming services to the point where I thought I didn't need roon anymore. So, I'll probably cancel Roon and instead swap the monthly payment over to Apple Music which is built into the Eversolo. Apple Music for certain artists I listen to has a more compete library than Qobuz.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #230 of 810
OK, so the unit arrived today. Well, I'm quite impressed. And there would be (first) 2 questions:
1) if connected to AVR (Denon event. Sony), which output (digital, analog...) to use in order to achieve best audio quality (so far I have not seen any specification for each single output option)?
2) the settings options... well... any hints or recommendations...? (In order to find the "sweet-spot"...)

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #231 of 810
OK, so the unit arrived today. Well, I'm quite impressed. And there would be (first) 2 questions:
1) if connected to AVR (Denon event. Sony), which output (digital, analog...) to use in order to achieve best audio quality (so far I have not seen any specification for each single output option)?
2) the settings options... well... any hints or recommendations...? (In order to find the "sweet-spot"...)
Congrats!
1) depends on the quality of the dac and different inputs of your AVR. Start with whatever cable you have already at home. I would start with analog. The fun is to figure out yourself.
2) which settings?

Oct 5, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #232 of 810
Congrats!
1) depends on the quality of the dac and different inputs of your AVR. Start with whatever cable you have already at home. I would start with analog. The fun is to figure out yourself.
2) which settings?
I've just ordered some XLR-to-RCA cable, let's see if it works (for connection of the unit to the AVR).
In the meantime I've found some useful FAQ at eversolo.com which answered some of my questions concerning settings.

I'm little surprised that - even if volume set to max. - I have to increase the AVR volume (quite rapidly) in order to get the "right" sound level out of my speakers.

One ulterior question: any chance to set up last.fm scrobbling..?

And yet another one: anybody here who tested this unit in combo with Z6/Z8? Would there be any advantage (except headphone socket)?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #233 of 810
Well the LPS upgrade for the DMP-A6 is straighforward...Nice!

Oct 7, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #234 of 810
I am interesting in this streamer and I noticed it has both Ethernet and USBC input.

Has anyone tested if these inputs can stream at the same time instead of switching between them?

Im using both computer and NAS on the side and would like to stream both out to the USB 3.0 outputs of the Eversolo into my DAC.

Oct 7, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #236 of 810
I am thinking of playing flac files stored in my portable SSD using DMP A6, feeding my audio chain. In this case, can I use Audirvana installed in my macbook that upsamples the local files reading from portable drive (connected to Macbook as well) and send upsampled data to DMP A6 through DLNA, and hand it over to the downstream chain connected to DMP A6?
I was doing it directly from macbook using usb cable, but wondering how I can integrate DMP A6 while keeping the running software, Audirvana in my case.

Oct 7, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #237 of 810
I am interesting in this streamer and I noticed it has both Ethernet and USBC input.

Has anyone tested if these inputs can stream at the same time instead of switching between them?

Im using both computer and NAS on the side and would like to stream both out to the USB 3.0 outputs of the Eversolo into my DAC.
You can connect all the inputs and outputs to the DMP-A6 at the same time, but streaming can be one input to one output at the same time. And even that not in any combination, however pretty logical.
The "internal player" that can play streaming services, content from DLNA servers (through WiFi or ethernet) or local files can be streamed to any output.
The other (than WiFi and ethernet) digital inputs (usbc, coax, optical) can be streamed only to the analog outputs (RCA, xlr).

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #238 of 810
New firmware v1.2.10 rolled out today as well as an updated controller app for the DMP-A6 streamer. Initial impressions are good. The CD ripping function is now much better, the new spectrum display options are excellent. Also the main cast screen now looks correct on my Samsung Tablet, since the beginning I could never clearly see the vertical volume slider and associated buttons, they were obscured by the main set of buttons on the right of the screen. All are now visible as they should be, they have achieved this by reducing the size of the home and play button group, looks better now to my eye with this resizing. The VU meters may also have altered in their sensitivity, less manic movements it seems to me. Well done to the software team for this substantial firmware update.

Oct 13, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #239 of 810
New firmware v1.2.10 rolled out today as well as an updated controller app for the DMP-A6 streamer. Initial impressions are good. The CD ripping function is now much better, the new spectrum display options are excellent. Also the main cast screen now looks correct on my Samsung Tablet, since the beginning I could never clearly see the vertical volume slider and associated buttons, they were obscured by the main set of buttons on the right of the screen. All are now visible as they should be, they have achieved this by reducing the size of the home and play button group, looks better now to my eye with this resizing. The VU meters may also have altered in their sensitivity, less manic movements it seems to me. Well done to the software team for this substantial firmware update.
where did you got the update? doesn't seem to be available yet in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back