Eversolo DAC-Z6/Z8: Impressions and Discussion
Mar 20, 2023 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

corgifall

1000+ Head-Fier
Looks like a new set of DAC/amps from a new sub brand audio company called eversolo released a bit ago. I just caught them on my radar recently and see some positive reviews already.

Curious to get hear impressions from those who already have either unit.

DAC-Z6
A_01.jpg
A_02.jpg

DAC-Z8
A_01.jpg
A_02.jpg

Mar 25, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 37
I picked up the EverSolo DAC-Z6 a few months ago for my home office system. It has all the features I needed for the price, and performs well without any drama.
The DAC section is worth the price of entry, but the headphone amp is simply adequate. I prefer the headphone out on my nearly 60 year old Marantz 7t.
Most of my listening is through speakers, so the headphone out is just a “nice to have”. Serious headphone users will probably want a separate headphone amp.

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #4 of 37
I got the DAC-Z8 in yesterday and I must say it was quite the nice unboxing experience! The unit is on the large side(E70 for comparision) and I was fairly impressed how good it looks and feels. Definitely has some weight to it. Display is much bigger that most normal DAC/amp displays. Looks like it can do ~228mW of power when on high gain so this would be good for IEM users who don't want to go all in on a full desktop stack. I've heard a lot of different ES9038 DAC designs and this is by far the most impressive in terms of sound signature and resolution. Looking forward to getting a review out soon.
IMG_8946.jpg

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 37
IMG_2572.jpeg

I've got mine since one week and I can tell it's a fantastic dac!
Looks great, works great and sound great:)
The pairing with the Pathos Aurium is awesome to my ears,very detailed without being analytic, great soundstage, in one word musical.
Love it!

Apr 10, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 37
How’s it compare to SU-9 or 10 or vmv d1se etc ?
The Z8 will be replacing my SU-9 as my main review DAC going forward. I think both the SU-9 and DAC-Z8 perform really well without the typical “Sabre glare” I hear in some less well designed ESS implementations.

I would say the biggest difference is detail retrieval/resolution and staging. I think the staging might be placebo but the detail retrieval from the DAC-Z8 is definitely better than the SU-9. I personally thought it was an upgrade in sound quality which is why I decided to swap out my trusty two year old DAC with the new Z8.

Apr 10, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #9 of 37
IMG_2572.jpeg
I've got mine since one week and I can tell it's a fantastic dac!
Looks great, works great and sound great:)
The pairing with the Pathos Aurium is awesome to my ears,very detailed without being analytic, great soundstage, in one word musical.
Love it!
That’s a really good looking setup! I’m jealous!!!

Apr 10, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 37
The Z8 will be replacing my SU-9 as my main review DAC going forward. I think both the SU-9 and DAC-Z8 perform really well without the typical “Sabre glare” I hear in some less well designed ESS implementations.

I would say the biggest difference is detail retrieval/resolution and staging. I think the staging might be placebo but the detail retrieval from the DAC-Z8 is definitely better than the SU-9. I personally thought it was an upgrade in sound quality which is why I decided to swap out my trusty two year old DAC with the new Z8.
@corgifall Thanks. Some reviewers on US Amazon report intermittent dropouts not cured by latest firmware- have you had any issues like that ?

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #12 of 37
Heard from some folks that bass on the Z8 can be over-blown and bloated - any owners experienced that? The YT reviews mention full bass but that's not the same as overblown and bloated - how do owners on here find the bass ?

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #15 of 37
I'm currently listening to dirty rat by Orbital and Sleaford mods and I can hear punchy and fast bass, not bloated or exaggerated in any way. I'm really impressed by this dac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back