Ever Since I Joined Head-Fi I Stare at People's Headphones
May 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #151 of 159
I absolutely do. I've seen one person with customs on the bus and a bunch of decent iem's. I have pretty poor eyesight, so I try not to peer at people too much, but its pretty hard to tell apart different iems from a distance.

On a related note, I find myself strangely attracted to girls wearing quality fullsize cans at school. The two pairs i've seen so far have been ES7's and grado Sr60's. There just something about a girl with nice cans...

One of them even noted the Fiio e5 hanging from my belt. Sadly I never saw her again, but that would've been a great "how I met your mother" story...

May 31, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #153 of 159
I usually don't stare at people wearing IEMs; I'm not good enough to identify them yet. The only time I got a dirty look was when I was trying not to laugh at this kid wearing gold Skullcandy's.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #154 of 159
I myself do stare at peoples headphones and iems and i just feel sorry for most as they are using really crap audio gear. I've only sceen one person with decent gear and it was a rather heavy set albeit well endowed woman with DT770 pros with a portable amp no less i believe it was a hornet ^^. As for personal experience for the longest i walked my high school with technics Dj1200s. Needless to say all the skullcandy junkies stared at me and all my friends who tried them loved the sound. I did have a buddy in a band he was the drummer (it was called fallow the ember i don't know what its called now) and he used AKGs alot it was an HD series but i can't remember th model number now. Then about what 4 months ago i went to the mall with my brother and his friends tired out my iems with his ipod instead of the ibuds and he was floored :p ( i had rubbing alcohol with me at the time)

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #155 of 159
the same happened to me.... just cant resist it lol!
i wont mind double check back just for the sake of knowing what kind of earphone they're wearing....

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #157 of 159
Not many people with "good" earphones here in Toronto.

Best one I've seen (and this was like a month ago) was the Beats by Dr. Dre on the TTC. LOL

I see a lot of Sony Ericsson earbuds, default iPod ones, etc.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #158 of 159
I see lots of iBuds (ugh)
on a SLIGHTLY cheerier note...

i see lots of ATH-SJ1/3 , FC5 and KSC75 and portapros whilst commuting

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back