Ever see a $200,000 turntable?
Aug 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #76 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That´s way too overpriced TT. I can´t imagine who buy this things. Is it really worth it?

If you're a guy who wouldn't even notice if you lost 200K and it gave you that satanic satisfaction of being able to say "Oh, that? Ummm...I think it was around 200 thousand dollars".....then yes, it's worth it to them.

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #78 of 83
On a different scale, once I went to listen to McIntosh gear at a local store. The salesman left us alone for half an hour and came in at the end of the day to ask what I thought of it.
I told him it's nice but nothing to get excited about. This guy was honest. He said "people don't buy a Mac for sound"!
Everybody on this thread is just preaching to the wrong choir...
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #79 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. A $2000 4G gold plated USB drive.

USB+Gold.jpg

funny thing is, the connector [only part worth having gold plated] is the standard steel. I bet it stores files with the best of them tho *rolls eyes*
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #83 of 83
I would like to add in, it probably doesn't sound any better than even a $9K table with a SOLID base/shelf. That's just stupid. Even if $200K were nothing to me, I would still have something better to spend my money on, even if it had to stay with audio.

And dollar to dollar, I still say Vinyl wins. $5K table and amp sounds better than $5K CDP and amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back