Ever see a $200,000 turntable?
Aug 14, 2007 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
Now you have
smily_headphones1.gif

transrotorartusln2.jpg

$200K Transrotor Artus turntable at Hong Kong Audio Show 2007.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 83
If I were there I would feel the urge to push it over.... I don't know why...some primitive instinct or something.

Aug 14, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were there I would feel the urge to push it over.... I don't know why...some primitive instinct or something.

It probably weighs like 500 pounds. Because thats "mass damping". Funny thing is, any $1000 CD player will still make this thing cry in terms of technical performance.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It probably weighs like 500 pounds. Because thats "mass damping". Funny thing is, any $1000 CD player will still make this thing cry in terms of technical performance.

to my understanding dampening is much more important to a vinyl source than it will be in a digital source.

just my understanding

also. . .have you heard the turntable in question?

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to my understanding dampening is much more important to a vinyl source than it will be in a digital source.

just my understanding

also. . .have you heard the turntable in question?

I know that dampening is more important to a vinyl source and of course I haven't heard it. A digital source is simply the superior technology.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 83
Quote:

Dream on; i heard several head to head listening sessions with the high end cdplayers and high end recordplayers. They are equally good.

That thing will trash the 1000 dollar cdplayer.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #12 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dream on; i heard several head to head listening sessions with the high end cdplayers and high end recordplayers. They are equally good.

That thing will trash the 1000 dollar cdplayer.

Like an iMod will thrash a $1500 CD player?

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #13 of 83
Quote:

Like an iMod will thrash a $1500 CD player?

who said anything about the iMod?

and the cd player in question was not $1500, trose exaggerated, skylab stated that it was just under $1000.

i personally would never spend 200,000 on a turntable, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it niche, I am sure someone spending that much on a turntable thinks that your entech dac is a waste of money (just as you think his TT is a waste of money).

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who said anything about the iMod?

and the cd player in question was not $1500, trose exaggerated, skylab stated that it was just under $1000.

i personally would never spend 200,000 on a turntable, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it niche, I am sure someone spending that much on a turntable thinks that your entech dac is a waste of money (just as you think his TT is a waste of money).

I know I know, a little out of place, but what seems funny is that the turntable has digital outs, meaning it has an ADC built in. Which essentially renders the entire purpose of analog pointless. Why even bother going through all that trouble trying to approach digital sound when you can just skip all the mass damping and ridiculous stuff and just buy a digital source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back