Even Though I hate mondays, Today wasn't that bad!!
Feb 26, 2007 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sant430

500+ Head-Fier
To begin with, Mondays are really just a hassle for me. Once I get going, I'm allright, but it's the getting going that's the problem! So anyway, I knew that I was going to be getting my Cayin HA-1A today according to UPS tracking. That was a decent perk. Since it was shipped to my business, I really didn't have the time to break it open and give it a listen, but my impulsiveness got the better of me
evil_smiley.gif
. I cut the tape, and slowly opened the box, but decided against bringing it out here. The reason behind that is, I don't have enough time to really give a thorough 'listen'. Also, as I opened the Cayin box, I saw the warranty info, instruction booklet, a couple replacement fuses, and a pair of white gloves! I've never received anything that came with white gloves before, so that was a hoot!!
tongue.gif

Anyway, I decided to check on where my Hornet was since it's suppposed to be delivered on Wednesday, and found it's in my town's FedEx facility!! I called Fedex to see if I could pick it up today and got the green light (for my Green Hornet!
icon10.gif
). After picking it up, I had to open up the envelope and box to see what it was going to look like, and it is beautiful! I thought the green would be a lighter and metallic lime finish, but it's a solid forest green and is beautifully accented with the gold lettering and volume pot. This was quickly hooked up to my echo indigo and tf10ps, and right out of the box it's very good. I know of the 400 hour burn in, so it's going as we speak.

The thing is, my classes start in 20 minutes, and I won't be done until about 7:15 at the earliest. This means I'm not home until 8ish. When I get home, I want to post some pics, and some 'out of the box' reviews even though there's no burn in yet....

Gotta go, people coming in!!

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 10
I had a pretty profoundly lousy Monday :p

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 10
Today sucked. LAYERS of assignments assigned at school. *sigh*

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 10
I got some cd's in the mail today.
biggrin.gif

Would just love to get an amp or two though!
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 10
yeah Mondays are almost always pretty bad, there are exceptions though on occasion.

good to hear your Hornet came in. Mister X mailed out my XP amp last Friday so I'm anxiously awaiting that. I wish I could've justified the $$$ for a Hornet, I'd love to have one of those. Enjoy it!

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 10
We had fantastic weather here in Tucson, so that made for a great day. I heard some good music on my portables, that was great. And, you shouldn't really start a sentence with and, I am still breathing, and that pretty much tops everything else.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #10 of 10
I just got home and I have my K701s connected to the Cayin in ultralinear mode with the impedance set at 65-120 ohms. The source is just my echo indigo dj soundcard. The volume's at about 9:30, and the AKGs are sounding like they've NEVER sounded. They've never been so rich and full. Most of the times I would listen to them with the volume at about 1:30-2:00 o'clock, not with this setup.

I've read of some people hearing some hiss with lower impedance headphones, so I'm going to try them out with my Grados. I'm also going to try them out with my portable gear too.......

I'll be posting pics and further reviews in a separate thread...maybe I should just keep them here??

So, thanks for listening/reading some of my posts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back