Even more new Beyers!
Sep 10, 2003 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Snufkin

500+: Audio Dealer: Headphonic (Australia)
I just got pricing today on Beyers new Trend line (DTX700, 800 and 900) - they fit between the $140AU and $199AU Range - RRP (no pricing on the wireless yet).

Upon further investigation, I found the PDF here
which has some buds and clipons! DTX10, 20, 30 and 40.

There's also a picture in the PDF that has the relative size of the wireless unit (plus a half naked dude)

Interesting stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:21 PM Post #7 of 21
That's funny, when most people wear Beyers they look quite industrial, but when a funky buff dude wears Beyers they look... industrial. Silver is not a bad colour though, for things which are bolted together.
evil_smiley.gif

The earbuds look interesting but I wonder if they are really made by Beyerdynamic.
eek.gif
The DTX40 looks suspiciously like a Senn bud with an anchor attached. The DTX20 has an Aiwa kind of look about it, and the DTX10 is a Sony for sure!

Still, let's not underestimate the power of budget 'phones to get the name out there and the products into stores. This could be a turnaround for Beyer's hitherto woeful distribution. Not that I'd expect you, Snufkin, to be excited about that!
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 21
Oh, very Sony.
biggrin.gif

Looking at the back cover though, doesn't he look a bit of a pillock with them on? The 'shoulders' are too wide... The V700/HDJ-1000/etc have a lower profile. Still, we suffer for high quality sound so hopefully these deliver. I will have to hit the gym to wear these.

Sep 11, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #10 of 21
I've ordered a DTX800 to try out, it should be here next week sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't have any problems with Beyer distro, it's the marketing that's difficult to overcome here. If you don't know better, you buy Sony. If you think you know better, you pay double-what-it's-worth for Sennheiser.
Mention Beyer and people go
confused.gif

Sep 11, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #12 of 21
Well thats true except for the Sony CD3000 or Sony R10, and the Sennhieser Orpheous, Sennhieser 650 pending. But I also feel that the pay double what it's worth motto is more true for Grado Rs-1/Rs-2 than Senn. HD 600. But it's all a matter of opinion.

Sep 11, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Schizorabbit
Well thats true except for the Sony CD3000 or Sony R10, and the Sennhieser Orpheous, Sennhieser 650 pending. But I also feel that the pay double what it's worth motto is more true for Grado Rs-1/Rs-2 than Senn. HD 600. But it's all a matter of opinion.

You can't get Sony CD3000s or R10's locally here.

The Orpheus I expect would be extremely difficult to track down.
The HD600 is incredibly overpriced (locally), I expect the 650 will be the same.

Sep 11, 2003 at 3:14 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
I've ordered a DTX800 to try out, it should be here next week sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

Excellent man! That's the model I'm interested in, too. So please keep us updated.

Nevertheless, I'd also like to see a bit more info from Beyerdynamic on the DTX series. With what they give, the suspicion arises that the only real difference between the models is in the enclosures - at least I'm not very impressed by marketing gibberish ("Mylar-700-System", "Mylar-800-Supreme-System", "Mylar-900-TopClass-System" - without further technical info, that just seems made up... I'd like to see Grado-like info (matching tolerances, material differences et cetera), instead.). The enclosures might make a lot of difference, though - like with Beyerdynamics 250-Ohm-drivers in the DT990Pro/250, DT531 and DT831 (they use these drivers in some more models, but the aforementioned ones seem to be the most similar couterparts to the DTX900/800/700 encosure-wise...).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back