Even More Fulla Schiit: Meet the 2-Figure, Do-All Desktop
Dec 16, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #16 of 18
So after having a the Fulla 2 for a bit I managed to do some Non Scientific Comparisons with no fancy A/B gear etc etc. These are my impressions.

Using the Fulla 2 As DAC On my WIN 10  Machine streaming tidal lossless. I used the additional power port on the fulla 2 for everything because its there so why not. I used PSB M4U1's and Fostex TR40RP MKIII headphones

The Amp Section of the Fulla 2 vs. The Magni 2 Uber. -
I was Impressed at how close the Fulla 2 Came to the Magni 2 Uber .Over all It is close enough that after a while you will not miss your Magni 2 Uber. With the Fulla 2 There seemed to be less impact on Bass , there is slightly less separation and sound stage is a little closed in compared to the Magni 2 Uber. So No not a direct Replacement for the Magni 2 Uber. Consider the Power sources of the two and the fact one is using OP amps and there no surprise there. The surprise was sometimes I had to look at where My headphones was plugged into. If you are using low Impedance easy to drive cans the fulla 2 will get you into the same league as the Magni 2 Uber. but the Uber has the the pedigree to get the step up in a head to head comparison every time, if you stop being a nerd about it and just listen and like me, you will probably have to check to see where your HP's are plugged in.

The Amp Section of the Fulla 2 vs. The Vali 2 . -
 I will not go crazy Here. Finding are very similar to the Magni2 Uber comparison. The Vali2 Uber having that Hybrid tube stage give it a little more body (tube dependent of course)  but again the pedigree means the same the Vali 2 has the technical edge to out perform the Fulla 2 so again no surprise.  All that said on some tracks there were parts where it was hard to discern the two. on others, possibly  better mastered it was a more clear. Again When you stop being a nerd and just listen these differences are non issues.

I found that the Low end on on the Fostex's suffered far more than the PSB's with the Fulla 2 when  Compared to both dedicated amps. So this may be where the Transducer/ Amp paring comes into play. Some have said the fostex cans while not high impedance needs power to sound good. So If you are going to use the Fulla 2 Exclusively for Amp and Dac functions headphones that's easier to drive may be the ticket . The two amps and the fulla 2 amp sections sounded more similar than different with the PSB's. 

Modi 2 Uber Vs the Fulla 2 DAC.
I only used the Amp Section of the Fulla 2 to drive my HP's for this. I used the Line Input of the Fulla 2 to connect the Output of the Modi 2 Uber. and the the USB Input of the Fulla 2.
My Findings here. The Modi 2 Uber vs the Fulla was similar to the Modi vs the Modi 2 Uber. The Modi 2 Uber opens up the sound stage, far better detail separation and you get a better sense for placement of instruments. There is a noticeable difference. Again keep in mind the power source and design of the two.

My thoughts.
I have not compared a Standard Modi/ and Magni 2 Combo to the Fulla 2 as I do not have one. But I will say that While the Fulla 2 is not going to win in a head to head comparison with the M/M Uber stack. It will probably give the Non Uber varieties a run for the Money as the Fulla 2 Is far more flexible and half the price of the stack and Judging by what I heard by comparing it with the Ubers and like just about every schiit product I have owned it hits way above it's weight class.  The Board issue sucks, I am sure It sucked Way for for the Schiit team than for those waiting on them, but as soon as they get everything ironed out I will Be ordering one for My Brother In law who is a student to pair with the ATH M50x's We are sending him Instead of the Modi/Magni 2 Stack we were considering. Yeah It's that Good in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back