Even if you dont like hiphop.. read.
Aug 10, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #91 of 114
o i agree was just saying that their deaths added to their so called "greatness". Like a marder.(is that how you spell it?
600smile.gif
)

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #92 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vosper
I just got Tech N9ne's album Absolute Power, and it's pretty damn good. "Industry Is Punks" is particularly awesome! You can guess what it's about....

All of their songs sound the same.

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #93 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert
Rakim was around long before the others and influenced what they did quite a bit. So it should go without saying that he had more of an old school flow, and rapped over the jazz and funk samples with turntables. He is not nearly as topical as Em, Pac, or Biggie... a lot of his songs are bragging about his rapping skills. He is not as melodic as Em or Pac, or as fast as Busta. Rakim used a lot of internal rhyming and sometimes rhymed phrases instead of words, which was way ahead of his time. Out of this group, probably only Eminem would be better at working rhyme schemes than Rakim. The other guys you mentioned are more about great lyrical content and flow rather than complex rhymes and metaphors.

Interesting post, thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #94 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
All of their songs sound the same.

Well it's "His" not "They" but you have a point... At least 4 or 5 of the songs have this annoying "cha" sample. But I still like it (for the moment).

Aug 11, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #95 of 114
Thanks, guys, for completly turning my first two posts into something they werent.
Aman explained it perfectly, but I will do it again in case it isnt through your thick skulls yet.
I said nothing against rap.
I didnt say the thread should be closed.
I said nothing against rap threads.
I said nothing against anyone involved in the thread.(Unlike some of you)
I made a refrence that I would have made towards any music genre if the last 20 threads about that genre were complete BS.
You managed to turn what I said into "OMG rap sucks and this thread should be closed right now and anyone who likes rap is a jackass!"
rolleyes.gif

You can now keep bitching about what I said all you want, Im done here.

Aug 12, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #96 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
Thanks, guys, for completly turning my first two posts into something they werent.
Aman explained it perfectly, but I will do it again in case it isnt through your thick skulls yet.
I made a refrence that I would have made towards any music genre if the last 20 threads about that genre were complete BS.
You managed to turn what I said into "OMG rap sucks and this thread should be closed right now and anyone who likes rap is a jackass!"
rolleyes.gif

I don't think anyone was personally attacking you or attacking what you said, Beach. calm down dude
eek.gif

On a sidenote, I've found this thread pretty interesting, so whatever dude. Peace
cool.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #97 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
rolleyes.gif

fives pages later..

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #98 of 114
I've only just very recently started listening to this style of music in an attempt to push my own boundaries (due to my favoured genres of music being somewhat unsatisfying lately), and have been pleasantly surprised by the result. Now I'm pretty much a total neophyte to anything hip hop or rap, and to tell you the truth, i couldn't even begin to understand if there's a difference between hip hop and rap and urban, or which artist is what, or whatever.

Anyways, so far the artists that stand out for me are Deltron 3030, Cannibal Ox, Dälek, Public Enemy, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, and Zion I.

Just curious where I should be looking next in my quest for new music!

Aug 12, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #99 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabblerblue
I've only just very recently started listening to this style of music in an attempt to push my own boundaries (due to my favoured genres of music being somewhat unsatisfying lately), and have been pleasantly surprised by the result. Now I'm pretty much a total neophyte to anything hip hop or rap, and to tell you the truth, i couldn't even begin to understand if there's a difference between hip hop and rap and urban, or which artist is what, or whatever.

Anyways, so far the artists that stand out for me are Deltron 3030, Cannibal Ox, Dälek, Public Enemy, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, and Zion I.

Just curious where I should be looking next in my quest for new music!

all good artists, Cannibal Ox and Aesop Rock are on the Def Jux label. You should try out RJD2, i think you would like him.

Aug 12, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #102 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
Looks for Dels solo work as Deltron3030 is Him with Koala/dan the automator.

yeah, hyroglyphics is a great label that has some good MC's. I like his rhymes and flow in his solo work, but the beats are sub par and kind of annoying.

I also, just got Blackstar album and it is superb. Always been a fan of both MC's, awesome album, a must for all hip-hop fans.

Aug 12, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #103 of 114
Another one of my favorite albums ..

Rawkus Records Presents .. Soundbombing II

B000067CMX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rawkus Records is also coming back in 2006 ...
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #104 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
Another one of my favorite albums ..

Rawkus Records Presents .. Soundbombing II

B000067CMX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rawkus Records is also coming back in 2006 ...
biggrin.gif

wow that white guy in the middle with the hat has an eerie comparison to Eminem...

Aug 13, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #105 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysan89
wow that white guy in the middle with the hat has an eerie comparison to Eminem...

It's supposed to be Eminem ...
tongue.gif

L to R ( top ) - Sadat X, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, El-P
L to R ( bottom ) - Bahamadia, Pharoahe Monch, Eminem, Shabaam Sahdeeq, Steele, Tek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back