Even if you dont like hiphop.. read.
Aug 6, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #46 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Well, since this thread is now thoroughly hijacked, is anyone else enjoying the irony of Aman's rant about proper grammar?

Yep.
evil_smiley.gif

Aman has been notoriously awful at grammar, up until this thread it seems. He can't even spell "apartment".
rolleyes.gif

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...3&postcount=96

Aman states here that grammar is not important.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...&postcount=103

Aug 6, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #48 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
I just didn't care enough at the time to follow up and mention that correct spelling is actually effortless for many of us.

That, and most of us manage to refrain from being trolls who nitpick and make a fuss every time they see a typo/error, because anyone who makes a mistake is obviously inferior to us.
rolleyes.gif

(BTW that's not directed at you eyeteeth, going over someone's posts with a fine toothcomb who's started the spelling/grammar debate is perfectly acceptable
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 6, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #49 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
That, and most of us manage to refrain from being trolls who nitpick and make a fuss every time they see a typo/error, because anyone who makes a mistake is obviously inferior to us.
rolleyes.gif

(BTW that's not directed at you eyeteeth, going over someone's posts with a fine toothcomb who's started the spelling/grammar debate is perfectly acceptable
biggrin.gif
)

cool.gif

It's just funny to me that I log onto headfi for the first time in a week and there's another brawl taking place and with Aman at the centre again. Only this time he's a better speller and is going on about grammar. I of course recalled the earler SH exchange and couldn't help but refer to it.

Maybe it's time for a username change from Aman to Aboy.
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #52 of 114
This is my thread.. lol

After the first couple of posts I decided to stay out of it. I'm not even going to begin talking about hiphop again. It's just an opinion that I can definitely not defend against everyone else.

But other then that.. SHUT UP

Aug 6, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #53 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18152

My, oh, my.

This thread is still going?

-Ed

COUGH!
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...15&postcount=5

PS: It appears I need a few typing lessons.
rolleyes.gif
Out of all honesty, thank you for pointing this out to me.

Okay. Fine. I will stay out of this thread for now on. I just hope you're all okay with being complete ********. I hope I never have the displeasure to talk to any of the original complainers in this thread. This place has become a mess lately. I do not condone the act of mass-bitching about the misinterpretation of one person's post. I don't condone the treatment of Beach, in how he was quickly labeled as a thread crapper because people have absolutely no manner anymore to take posts into context and into consideration anymore. I am sick of people running off with their dick hanging out of their hands, saying all the wrong things and assuming everything incorrectly. Reality is just that - REALITY. Somebody shouldn't have to risk the fact that they'll be called the parallel of "unaccepting racist" just by making normal comments. Where else is he going to say these things but in the corresponding thread?! I am sick of people taking pride in the fact that they are nauseatingly strict in possessing the utter-most neutral, balanced discussion forum on the face of the damn planet. The people who frequent the music forums have to cut it out and realize that it is uncontrolable, and that trying to do what they are doing now is only going to make the quality of the forums drop. And guess what? Time, and time again, it has. It hasn't been just me.

The only thread that has been close to acceptable is the "complex simplicity" thread, in which there have been some very intelligent minds discussing real issues. I can relate to them much more. People respect each others' opinions in those threads. I can relate to them much more because they have a more mature perspective at such topics than most here do. Maybe rap fans have a tendency to be less mature than classical music fans. Who knows. The non-scientific results of a test of these forums would conclusively show this.

Steve Hoffman's boards are the same way. Very accepting. Very easy-going. No ******** trying to make everything equal and disgusting.

Rick left these boards for the same reason I will. I was about to donate some money to the forums -- that's not happening.

Remember this, and interpret it as you will -- I go to MIT. I am better than 98% of the sophisticated world. Piss off.
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #54 of 114
loool.. hostile? i love the way you're able to detect moods over the internet. do they teach clairvoyance at MIT? lmao.

regarding your comments about grammar - it's a sure sign of the lack of any coherent argument when you start targeting grammar and sentence structure on an internet forum. what a joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
considering that almost all of our active members are 16 and older?

almost
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
Maybe it's time for a username change from Aman to Aboy.

icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Aug 7, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #55 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
When I first heard blackalicious, I couldn't believe that a talented MC was actually talking about something else other than how he was better than other people.

Yeah, blackalicious is some good hip-hop.
cool.gif

Aug 7, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #56 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Remember this, and interpret it as you will -- I go to MIT. I am better than 98% of the sophisticated world. Piss off.
wink.gif

Aman, I think that figure is reserved for graduates. I'm all about MIT, but I think you should save the gloating until after graduation.

Aug 7, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #57 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
Aman, I think that figure is reserved for graduates. I'm all about MIT, but I think you should save the gloating until after graduation.

Not to jump into the argument or anything here and I'm not trying to play sides at all either, but I agree with Usagi here. Just because you go to MIT doesn't mean anything unless you make something of yourself after you graduate.

I know plenty of people who have graduated from Harvard, MIT, CalTech, UChicago, WashU, Princeton, Yale, Northwestern, Amherst, Swarthmore, etc.; otherwise schools of equal caliber, that have amounted to absolutely nothing in life even though they've gone to some of the best universities in the country and were apparently some of our country's "next best."

Sure, I'm a student at Northwestern, but that doesn't make me any better than anyone else. The school you go to is just a name, likely to give you some advantage over some other that went to a public state school, but it doesn't and shouldn't give you any more recognition than them unless you can do something with the opportunity that you've been given.

Honestly, enough of this "I go to MIT so I'm a better person than you and 98% of the rest of the sophisticated world," bull****. Unless you can show me that you are better than all of us, possibly by answering the question of "What is the meaning of life?" or truly figuring out and explaining every detail of the String Theory, I'm not going to think that you're any better than me or the rest of the Head-Fiers here. Just because you did well in high school and got into MIT doesn't mean jack, I went to Northwestern because I wanted to go there, it doesn't mean that I didn't get into MIT (which I did), I just felt that for a person of my character and personality, that Northwestern was a better place for me.

Like I said, MIT is a name. There are plenty who turn MIT down for other schools, and there are plenty who turn down Harvard for other schools. It doesn't matter where you go, it's what you do that counts.

Just my two cents...

Aug 7, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #59 of 114
Now that Aman is " gone " ......

( We all know that hes too insecure NOT to come back to this thread and check what people are saying about his MIT education and his bedding of the finest NYC area women. I mean just look at this stud-muffin.... )

homosexual_male_and_womacoon.jpg

.... uhh I really don't have a point to this post other than to post this goofballs picture ... now please realize that Aman has let himself go a bit because he's too focused on his education at MIT & Boston University .. I know this information because he's explained it to me in length through private messages. Something that I never told him is that .. My Dearest Aman, multiple facial piercings on a guy who has has BANGS in his hair is not the wisest of choices.

Ahh I could go on and on but I won't.

Bye .. !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back