[EUROPEAN REVIEW TOUR] RHA CL2 Planar
Feb 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #18 of 33
I Cant attach pictures to this thread to show you, but the housing of these headphones will crack open after few months of use. it is not one single unit of ceramic but rather 2 parts glued together in the diagonal line across the housing. I have some pics on amazon uk reviews if you want to see what would £799 become.

I still cant believe i paid so much for these, a complete rip off. if you wanna flash your money down the drain, go straight ahead and buy them.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #19 of 33
I Cant attach pictures to this thread to show you, but the housing of these headphones will crack open after few months of use. it is not one single unit of ceramic but rather 2 parts glued together in the diagonal line across the housing. I have some pics on amazon uk reviews if you want to see what would £799 become.

I still cant believe i paid so much for these, a complete rip off. if you wanna flash your money down the drain, go straight ahead and buy them.

Just as an FYI; you're broadcasting your address to the entire internet.

Feb 13, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 33
sorry waveSounds i didnt realise and thank you for letting me know of course.

i will see if this can be rectified and hide my address. i was rather destabilised with tbe break down of my headphones which i am still trying to come to terms with.

many thanks again for your alert.

kind regards

Feb 13, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #21 of 33
sorry waveSounds i didnt realise and thank you for letting me know of course.

i will see if this can be rectified and hide my address. i was rather destabilised with tbe break down of my headphones which i am still trying to come to terms with.

many thanks again for your alert.

kind regards
Have you raised with the retailer/with RHA for a warranty claim?

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #22 of 33
They have a 3 year warranty.
And also the housing is cast at 1500 degree celcius, good luck fitting a driver with electrical components etc etc in there in one solid piece at that temperature.

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #23 of 33
i bought them on ebay so no warranty for me unfortunately. i bought them new and with my careful use i thought to myself what could go wrong. somehow i assumed them to be made of single block ceramic perhaps from the way they are marketed as moulded ceramic or by extrapolation from some of their other models like the t20i and ma750 wireless which i both owned. i could never expect they will crack open.

i am not really expecting anything other than warn others from this fatal flaw. and whoever decides to still go ahead and make the purchase good luck with warranty.

i still believe that using glue to hold £799 earphones is a flat farce. i am attaching the photos to judge for yourselves

Attachments

• 20190213_101319.jpg
    20190213_101319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190213_101335.jpg
    20190213_101335.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 13, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #24 of 33
i bought them on ebay so no warranty for me unfortunately. i bought them new and with my careful use i thought to myself what could go wrong. somehow i assumed them to be made of single block ceramic perhaps from the way they are marketed as moulded ceramic or by extrapolation from some of their other models like the t20i and ma750 wireless which i both owned. i could never expect they will crack open.

i am not really expecting anything other than warn others from this fatal flaw. and whoever decides to still go ahead and make the purchase good luck with warranty.

i still believe that using glue to hold £799 earphones is a flat farce. i am attaching the photos to judge for yourselves

If i were you i would:

1) to the extent they didnt send it to you, ask your ebay seller if they have original proof of purchase to enable you to go back to the original retailer for a replacement; then

2) if that fails, drop RHA a line to see if they would consider honouring the warranty.

Consumers' rights are pretty well legislated in the UK my friend. Until Brexit at least! Have you even tried to solve this through normal channels, or was venting on the internet your first thought?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #25 of 33

Call up RHA. They will take care of you

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #26 of 33
Thank you for your suggestions regarding the warranty. I had already tried with RHA but they apologised and said they cant help. I was also hoping they could do something about it and at least offer to glue them back if not recall the product for such poor construction, but perhaps in another world. Gluing together a product and selling it for such a heart stopping price is paramount to scam.

i bought these against my normal way of waiting until the product is fully tested and any issues revealed. but the wait was exceptionally hard to hold in this instance so this is perhaps the price to pay for the rush. I am therefore trying to inform others about the issue the same way i get help while making a new purchase by replying on others' feedback.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #27 of 33
I'm a bit confused as to why buying on ebay and having a bad time would result in an Amazon review, but - that could be just me, especially as the ebay variant is the same cost as the Amazon one...

RHA are good eggs though, I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Edit - I saw that RHA couldn't help - what was their reasoning? - that these are not with their original owner? - could the ebay seller not step in to help?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #28 of 33
A breakthrough, RHA will be sending me 2 replacement buds so i am obviously very grateful to them and to you guys for your participation and support.

I am not sure if it has also to do with Colum from RHA here on this thread who has been supportive throughout, so i cant thank him enough as well of course.

Hopefully the new pair wont be as disappointing as the first one.

Many thanks again to all.

Kindest regards,

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #29 of 33
A breakthrough, RHA will be sending me 2 replacement buds so i am obviously very grateful to them and to you guys for your participation and support.

I am not sure if it has also to do with Colum from RHA here on this thread who has been supportive throughout, so i cant thank him enough as well of course.

Hopefully the new pair wont be as disappointing as the first one.

Many thanks again to all.

Kindest regards,

Right @melasri, really glad to hear this was solved for you - a great demonstration of customer service and product responsibility from the guys at RHA. In contrast, let's have a bit of a de-brief here examining your actions:

1) you bought some some iems on ebay;
2) your iems broke;
3) your first course of action was to jump onto head-fi, find the thread the manufacturer is using to promote the review tour of the product, and try to dissuade other users from purchasing the product, as well as discredit the manufacturer -
- I note this is an action specifically intended to cause problems for the manufacturer rather than resolve your issue;
4) at no point, prior to taking the actions in 3, had you contacted the manufacturer directly to seek to resolve your issue, or even spoken to your seller or ebay/paypal (noting both paypal's buyer protections and the fact that your underlying contract was with your ebay seller); and
5) not once in your posts did you make it clear what you wanted - money back, replacement iems - it was a general rant.

I think you need to have a pretty serious think about your actions here. RHA have clearly done the right thing by you here, despite some pretty apalling behaviour on your part. Yes it sucks when our stuff breaks, but the correct course of action is to try to resolve this first with the relevant counterparty, not insult them on the internet. I hope the positive resolution of your issue has not mentally validated your behaviour, which is by any objective standard, childish and unacceptable.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #30 of 33
Grimbles, i am not sure how you assumed that my first course of action was to fall here and lambaste RHA when it was the last recourse after they said there is nothing they can do for me at the beginning. I can forward you their emails if you want to see the development of things. if it wasnt for the poor construction i wouldn't say a word about it and swallowed the loss or you want me to still keep quite about it and let others suffer the same?

I do understand your position but sometimes it is better to have the full view before making judgements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back