European meetup - post your ideas here
Mar 23, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #181 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the 'hate with a passion' was an unlucky choice of words, I meant it more in the figure of speech kind of way. Another case of written word not getting the same message across as spoken word.

Let's just say I don't like Amsterdam. This is my opinion, you don't have to agree...

Drink offer still stands tho
regular_smile .gif

Of course I don't have to agree, and that's no problem, we can have a drink sometime anyway.
beerchug.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #182 of 234
Amsterdam is fine with me.
Just like pretty much any other European city, as long as there is direct flights from Oslo. Or a relative short drive if that is more feasible.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #183 of 234
Mar 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #187 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's aim for the summer so the ticket price can be dual purpose for a nice summer long week end break?
smily_headphones1.gif

That is a good idea, really.

Guys,

My opinion is: let's decide on a location quickly and start organizing quickly because there is no point in just suggesting more and more new locations. I know everyone would like to have it at their place but it is not happening.

What do you all say?

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #188 of 234
The city of Antwerp has a nice central position for everyone. Utrecht could work too but if it has to be European, Belgium might have some nice options.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #189 of 234
I make my vote for Amsterdam - I've never been before and it would be nice to go to a tourist location there was lots of other stuff to do as well as just the meet.

Besides London (beign selfish as I'm from here) my second choice would be Berlin.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #190 of 234
Quote:

I make my vote for Amsterdam - I've never been before and it would be nice to go to a tourist location there was lots of other stuff to do as well as just the meet.

Besides London (beign selfish as I'm from here) my second choice would be Berlin.

Both Amsterdam and Berlin look good to me too. Especially in July as I will be travelling to Paris and then taking a train to Berlin and then Warsaw, I could easily land in Amsterdam
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #191 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My opinion is: let's decide on a location quickly and start organizing quickly because there is no point in just suggesting more and more new locations. I know everyone would like to have it at their place but it is not happening.

What do you all say?

Yeah.
But there is a problem. We most probably need someone local to be the main driver(s), and hence deciding on a location mean that someone local first need to take on the task.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #192 of 234
With the prices of airfare today you might almost just as well go to Chicago in June for the real deal - as well as any European meet?

We have had some great Head-fi gatherings in Copenhagen the last three years. I am sure you are all welcome there. It normally takes place in September/October.

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #193 of 234
krmathis,
Well if we all express our preferences, there should end up with a 1st 2nd and 3rd option - if no one steps up for the 1st we move to 2nd and so on.

rasmushorn
Airfare may be cheaper than ever before - but it's still not cheap to go to the US.

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #194 of 234
Quote:

rasmushorn
Airfare may be cheaper than ever before - but it's still not cheap to go to the US.

And still some people need a VISA to go there.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #195 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And still some people need a VISA to go there.

True. Also I can imagine getting through customs with any electrical equipment with wires and cables might be a drawn out process.

[political-flame-on]If the Lisbon treaty took our democracy from us, we might as well benefit from the freedom of movement it left behind.[/political-flame-off]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back