European meetup - post your ideas here
Oct 31, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #151 of 234
I have not heard any Denons, so can't comment on the combination. It's amazing with the HD650, and FWIR the Denons have a similar sound signature?
I have also not directly compared the PSU1 to the standard power supply but noticed an improved bass response, tighter and slightly clearer signal when I traded it in.
The PSU1 definitely adds to the pride of ownership of the Solo and eases your mind that you'll get anything it has to offer.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #152 of 234
In terms of sound signature between the HD 650 and the Denons ahd 5000 I can not comment. I have the HD 238 but I would not compare both as these phones are from diferent leagues. The Denons are amazing in terms of Bass (for those enjoying bass) keeping at same time a great definition. I read that a good SS amp is the right way for the 5000. So far, from European manufactures, the Solo and the Black Cube Linear from Lehmann are in my short list. In the meantime I bought a Rega Ear that not being terrible is addting a noticeable ssss noise in the back leaving me quite frustraded). Any way this is a new hobby for me and it is very good to learn from others' experience.
Thanks once again.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #153 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not heard any Denons, so can't comment on the combination. It's amazing with the HD650, and FWIR the Denons have a similar sound signature?
I have also not directly compared the PSU1 to the standard power supply but noticed an improved bass response, tighter and slightly clearer signal when I traded it in.
The PSU1 definitely adds to the pride of ownership of the Solo and eases your mind that you'll get anything it has to offer.

In terms of sound signature between the HD 650 and the Denons ahd 5000 I can not comment. I have the HD 238 but I would not compare both as these phones are from diferent leagues. The Denons are amazing in terms of Bass (for those enjoying bass) keeping at same time a great definition. I read that a good SS amp is the right way for the 5000. So far, from European manufactures, the Solo and the Black Cube Linear from Lehmann are in my short list. In the meantime I bought a Rega Ear that not being terrible is addting a noticeable ssss noise in the back leaving me quite frustraded). Any way this is a new hobby for me and it is very good to learn from others' experience.
Thanks once again.

Nov 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #155 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a lot of stuff you asked about, to avoid taking over the thread you can PM me
normal_smile .gif

You are correct. Sorry. I will PM you.

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #156 of 234
Quote:

Meeting November 8th, we'll see what we can come up with
smile.gif

Quote:

Dutchies meeting in the Netherlands, see what we can think of to get it organized here
wink.gif

Quote:

It's meant as a Dutch meeting (not that you would not be welcome
wink.gif
) where we can discuss options for organizing the big European meet.

Really excited to see if you guys will come up with something tomorrow. We really need someone to take the lead role to arrange a European meeting.

Happy 8th of November meet!
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #158 of 234
Bump for possible news, following the Dutch meeting last weekend..

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #160 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by ISALULA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
European meeting... Sure, that's would be great
smily_headphones1.gif

x2

There was recently a UK meet but I couldn't get to it and the train tickets cost the same as a flight to Europe anyway!!
eek.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #161 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by miT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

There was recently a UK meet but I couldn't get to it and the train tickets cost the same as a flight to Europe anyway!!
eek.gif

London - Manchester cost me £47 there and back, that was travelling @ 5pm on Friday evening and returning Sunday lunchtime.....

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #162 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
London - Manchester cost me £47 there and back, that was travelling @ 5pm on Friday evening and returning Sunday lunchtime.....

Wow, the only prices I saw were a lot nearer £100 travelling on the same day.

Was it a good meet though? It would have been my first so I'm gutted I couldn't make it...

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #163 of 234
I was hoping for some breakthroughs following the Dutch meeting some 4 weeks back, but it has been really quiet...

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #164 of 234
Yeah, many people are too busy or just not wanting to take the burden of organizing it.

I do have a great place where we could keep the meet, it's about 40min from Amsterdam with public transport. I think I can get the place itself for free, it's a very big company basement built for meets. I just can't make it as 'big' as the can-jam thing without help of other people since I'm too busy in my final studying year but it would be a cheap way to get people together: just pick a date, get there and arrange a place to stay
smily_headphones1.gif

If we do want it to be 'can-jam-big' I can visit some hotels in Amsterdam, see if we could arrange a meeting-hall or floor. But then we need to get an estimate of people attending, we need to set a budget to work with and someone to take responsibility for the financial side of things. I can't, being a student and all
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back