European Meet?
Dec 6, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #92 of 120
I might be in for a UK meet, too, since there quite a lot of flights from Munich to London and anywhere else from there. However, I'm afraid that the prices for accomodation in London are quite high to say the least.

Dec 7, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #94 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
London would be cheaper to get to for me as well, but the big downside is that if it's in London, I'll have to respectfully back out for obvious reasons.

Do you mean accomodation and food?

Dec 8, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #95 of 120
No, I mean there's a member who I would rather not share space with. And if I went to London, there's a chance my husband would want to come along, and he'd have something to say to this person, and seriously, it wouldn't be something I would want to happen.
wink.gif

It's what happens when you crossover into your spouse's forums. We have nothing to hide, so we do it all the time.
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 11:25 AM Post #96 of 120
Quote:

London would be cheaper to get to for me as well, but the big downside is that if it's in London, I'll have to respectfully back out for obvious reasons.

If there are some who'd prefer the UK and some Spain, then let's hold 2 meets. We don't run Euro-meets as often so it will hardly hurt. 5-6 pople make a decent meet, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #98 of 120
Quote:

No, I mean there's a member who I would rather not share space with. And if I went to London, there's a chance my husband would want to come along, and he'd have something to say to this person, and seriously, it wouldn't be something I would want to happen.
wink.gif

It's what happens when you crossover into your spouse's forums. We have nothing to hide, so we do it all the time.
wink.gif

Sorry I am confused, but I guess you have your reasons. Either you were seriously chatted up or a member insulted you. My bet is on the former.
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #99 of 120
Quote:

As long as it's between the 18th and 28th of Febuary, count me in for Spain!
smily_headphones1.gif

..or maybe if it's later in the Spring. I'll have to look at my dates for spring break.

OK, let's do like this: ipodstudio and Plainsong are holding a meet in Malaga, Spain between the 18th and 28th of Feb. Plainsong can choose the exact date. Those who want to be part of that meet just sign up! Those who'd prefer London sign up there. We can compare notes afterwards..
baby.gif

I've already got a couple of Spanish ipod studio members who are coming and a couple more from here, so we already have enough for a meet. That said, the more the merrier!!

LOL! So here's the deal: those who want to listen to headphone gear whilst sipping a cocktail or beer on the veranda overlooking the mediterranean sea and the northern coast of Africa, whilst steaks and giant prawns sizzle slowly on the barby, come to the Spain meet!
rickmeister.gif

Here's a couple of shots I took of the area:

alm_9.jpg

alm_12.jpg

Those who'd rather huddle round a gas fire drying their windblown and soaked headphone equipment, go for London. Should be cheaper, too...
lach_3.gif

09_15_02_highgate.jpg

biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #100 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OK, let's do like this: ipodstudio and Plainsong are holding a meet in Malaga, Spain between the 18th and 28th of Feb. Plainsong can choose the exact date. Those who want to be part of that meet just sign up! Those who'd prefer London sign up there. We can compare notes afterwards..
baby.gif

I've already got a couple of Spanish ipod studio members who are coming and a couple more from here, so we already have enough for a meet. That said, the more the merrier!!

LOL! So here's the deal: those who want to listen to headphone gear whilst sipping a cocktail or beer on the veranda overlooking the mediterranean sea and the northern coast of Africa, whilst steaks and giant prawns sizzle slowly on the barby, come to the Spain meet!
rickmeister.gif

alm_9.jpg

alm_12.jpg

Those who'd rather huddle round a gas fire drying their windblown and soaked headphone equipment, go for London. Should be cheaper, too...
lach_3.gif

09_15_02_highgate.jpg

biggrin.gif

I quite like the rain
rolleyes.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #101 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
baby.gif

rickmeister.gif

lach_3.gif

biggrin.gif

And please keep in mind that ipodstudio is not biased
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #102 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
And please keep in mind that ipodstudio is not biased
tongue.gif

HAHAHAAHAH! Who me!? (said in Scooby-Doo accent
biggrin.gif
)
scoobydoo.gif

Well, I get to take the mickey out of the UK as I spent the first 18 years of my life there...
icon10.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #103 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I quite like the rain
rolleyes.gif

He!He! You'll need to....
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #104 of 120
Well lessee. Flights are cheaper if it's not on a weekend, but of course the meet will probably be on a weekend right?
frown.gif
If Ips wouldn't mind, I could show up on the 17th and leave on the Monday after the meet, and we could have it during that weekend.

This also gives some extra time for me to help with any extra setting up. Ips, do you already have an apartment in mind? Are they really possible to rent for a weekend?

I don't like prawns, but steak...yummy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #105 of 120
Quote:

Well lessee. Flights are cheaper if it's not on a weekend, but of course the meet will probably be on a weekend right?
frown.gif
If Ips wouldn't mind, I could show up on the 17th and leave on the Monday after the meet, and we could have it during that weekend.

This also gives some extra time for me to help with any extra setting up. Ips, do you already have an apartment in mind? Are they really possible to rent for a weekend?

I don't like prawns, but steak...yummy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Plainsong, that's fine. It's a deal! Yes, appartments are real easy to get here as it's a holiday resort and I have contacts in the real estate business here, so that part's easy..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back