European Meet?
Nov 21, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 120
I think I can make it, but I have to check. Also It would nice to go to spain as I have never been there. I can go from Stansted as it is close to me. Well 2 hrs away from me.

Nov 21, 2004 at 9:16 AM Post #17 of 120
Wow! You guys rock!! Looks like we might be having a Euro-meeting!!!
biggrin.gif

I'll get us a nice apartment overlooking the sea with a big terrace outside so we can barbeque and sip beers and listen to our hearts' content. Relaxing in a chair, watching the sun set over Africa whilst listening to your favourite music can't be a bad.
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 12:59 PM Post #18 of 120
And it's gonna be a Head-fi slumber party, since we all have to trek to get there. I'll bring the make-up and the mud face masks! Can we watch romantic movies and cry as we paint our nails?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #19 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
And it's gonna be a Head-fi slumber party, since we all have to trek to get there. I'll bring the make-up and the mud face masks! Can we watch romantic movies and cry as we paint our nails?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think we'll be needing two TVs....
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #20 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
I think we'll be needing two TVs....
biggrin.gif

Or two rooms...
smily_headphones1.gif
This looks to be great fun. If we have a source problem, perhaps we can rig up a computer with multiple soundcards to do the trick.

Nov 21, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #21 of 120
LOL: See if this post sticks. We'll organise sources..
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #22 of 120
I will be Just out side Malaga (Cartama) visiting the folks end of January, if you can do it then would come. Got free tickets off BMI Baby few months back, cant get cheaper then that.

Nov 22, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #23 of 120
If I am able to make it what equipment should I bring? Maybe we could plan an equipment list on who is bringing what. That might help I don't know.

Dudes makeup and romantic movies????? Yuk pass the sick bag. Personally I prefer when harry met sally.....as if. JOKE

Actually I prefer to meet the people as I have heard a lots of amps and headphones. So this would give me a break and also great people to meet.

Nov 22, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #24 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
I will be Just out side Malaga (Cartama) visiting the folks end of January, if you can do it then would come. Got free tickets off BMI Baby few months back, cant get cheaper then that.

Captain, either way you could keep in contact with me and we could have a mini-meet!!
eggosmile.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 10:14 AM Post #25 of 120
I was joking about the slumber party, yeesh.
tongue.gif
I ment that most of us will be sleeping there, because we're not from Spain and are too broke from buying equipment to afford hotel rooms. Make-up and face masks and such are what girls do at slumber parties. It was a joke.
tongue.gif
And I know I'm the only girl there, but unless anyone plans to walk around nakedly after they wake-up or something, I'm not so delicate as to need my own space seperate from everyone else. If space is an issue, just consider me one of the guys. I'm not a girly-girl type.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now then, onto gear.

Depending on what's needed, I'll bring porta corda II, 4g ipod, and either the Perreaux sxh-1, or Corda HA-2 (maybe Jan could send us some samples from the Corda line-up?), but I don't feel comfortable lugging my Nad C542 all over Europe. At least either amp will fit in a bag. I'll bring my IC's as I think they're worth testing, and any headphones I have that are needed. I'll put off selling the ms-1's, but doesn't boodi have the dt531s? If they're needed I'll bring the Senn 600s with Oehlbach cable, and I may be persuaded to stall selling the HD595's if they're needed. The same for the ety er4p and s adapter, and er6-i. I also have the dt770s if they're needed.

Other stuff I could bring would be the Philips HS900s, koss ksc-35s, and Audio technica FC7.

I should also have my 12" ibook by then, with some kind of usb sound card, which I'll bring.

Nov 22, 2004 at 12:04 PM Post #26 of 120
European head-fi meet...sounds good to me
smily_headphones1.gif

So what are the possible places to hold it or did we already decide on one?

Nov 22, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #27 of 120
My computer is screwed, or head-fi is screwed .... or something.
I have several emails due to posts here, and in these emails other posts are mentioned, but when I visit this thread all that already vanished.
What's that?
A mod in bad mood or what?
However, I just looked for cheap tickets in February, and there's not much available, it depends on the exact date.
Carrying equipment around makes me a bit nervous, there's a limit in weight and space.
I've lost suitcases on flights before.I'd prefer to keep my stuff in a small bag which I can store on board.The Benchmark DAC, Prehead and a few cans would be no problem, but a properly packaged Stax rig would be probably too bulky, same for a CDP.

Nov 22, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #28 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
European head-fi meet...sounds good to me
smily_headphones1.gif

So what are the possible places to hold it or did we already decide on one?

Well, we're already further down the line on this one..
icon10.gif
So far, dates are between 17th and 28th of Feb and the place looks to be Marbella, Spain. I'm going to organise a very cool apartment with a big terrace overlooking the sea which will be just for this use. I'll get one around 100 m sq so there'll be a ton of space and we can barbeque on the terrace. They'll be plenty of space for folks to crash, I promise and in relative comfort, too...
biggrin.gif

That's about how far we've got on this one...
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #30 of 120
Hey, actually that date works pretty good for me (winter break
biggrin.gif
). I'll just check on how much a ticket is gonna be.

I'm not quite sure yet of what I'll bring because I'm planning on getting a nice tube amp (maybe SP, Eartube, diy, whatever). So I can only be sure of the HD 650 (maybe with an upgraded custom cable by then) and my modded Marantz (whose performance is rather indirect proportional to its ugly apperance...), and maybe some canalphones. And my Philips AZ6831 if it isn't sold by then and some ICs.

"very cool apartment with a big terrace overlooking the sea which will be just for this use. I'll get one around 100 m sq so there'll be a ton of space and we can barbeque on the terrace. They'll be plenty of space for folks to crash, I promise and in relative comfort, too.
.."

Sounds awesome! I'll make sure to bring a soccer ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back