European Meet?
Dec 22, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #106 of 120
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmz, Spain is so far away......and london is damn too expensive for me.......

Jan 6, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #107 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OK, let's do like this: ipodstudio and Plainsong are holding a meet in Malaga, Spain between the 18th and 28th of Feb. Plainsong can choose the exact date. Those who want to be part of that meet just sign up! Those who'd prefer London sign up there. We can compare notes afterwards..
baby.gif

I've already got a couple of Spanish ipod studio members who are coming and a couple more from here, so we already have enough for a meet. That said, the more the merrier!!

LOL! So here's the deal: those who want to listen to headphone gear whilst sipping a cocktail or beer on the veranda overlooking the mediterranean sea and the northern coast of Africa, whilst steaks and giant prawns sizzle slowly on the barby, come to the Spain meet!
rickmeister.gif

Here's a couple of shots I took of the area:

alm_9.jpg

alm_12.jpg

Those who'd rather huddle round a gas fire drying their windblown and soaked headphone equipment, go for London. Should be cheaper, too...
lach_3.gif

09_15_02_highgate.jpg

biggrin.gif

wow Duncan
smily_headphones1.gif
these shots work quite well as an invitation for me in Malaga !
..I'll do my best to get there and meet you and Kim

Jan 8, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #109 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
Damn you Duncan, those pictures are cheating
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

/U.

....I know...
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #110 of 120
mmm...I wonder what kind of beers do they serve on that beautiful spot over the sea ?
alm_9.jpg

alm_12.jpg

spilled beers must be quite the same brands every part of the world you go .. well , it's only a supposition since I've not been in many places around ,the world

here they serve Kilkenny , Tennents , Slalom , Harp , Guinness , Bulldog - only to tell some of the most common

Jan 8, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #111 of 120
Probably only San Miguel... yikes. I think I'd rather go for the various Rioja Gran Reserva.
cool.gif

Jan 10, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #112 of 120
I'm sorry iPodstudio but London has been positively exotic this winter compared to other parts of Europe. Just cost it's, been snowing and freezing cold in Scotland doesn't mean it's been the same in London. The exact opposite.
3000smile.gif

Jan 20, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #113 of 120
Since we're getting near ticket-purchase-time. Shall we have a roll-call of who all is coming?
smily_headphones1.gif

As the 18th is a Friday, If it's ok with Duncan I'd like to arrive on the 17th and then leave on Monday. I can't be the only one saving money by not flying on a weekend, so I assume others would be in the same boat. Let's sound off who will be there and how long we need to be there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #114 of 120
I'm afraid that the meet will need to be postphoned indefinately. I'll leave it up to Duncan to tell the rest of you why, when he is able and feels up to posting here. But hey, it's still in the cards, and it will happen... one day soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #115 of 120
Hi Folks!! Yup, looks like I'm going to have to hop over this one as I suffered a mild heart-attack two weeks ago and have been told to take it easy. At 37 it sure wakes you up, so I guess I'd better listen to the doctor and wife on this one. My apologies for letting the side down and I hope to hold a meet in a few months time when things are normalised again.

Duncan

Jan 25, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #117 of 120
Ipodstudio, hi
smily_headphones1.gif

You are young, man...
With a change in lifestyle you can still live to be 100.
Be wise and learn from the experience.

I am disapointed of course, all those nice headphones,
much nearer than London...

Still if you got ill after the meet,
your wife would not let you make any more meets...
hehehe

So, best wishes for you and your family,
have a complete recovery,
and let us know how things are going.

Thanks for the efforts you made to join us.

Jan 27, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #118 of 120
Thanks Guys, it's nice to feel loved..
biggrin.gif
I'll stick around for a while yet....too many people to irritate, yet....
k1000smile.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #119 of 120
Wow, Duncan, sorry to hear that. Your health is worth way more than anything worth stressing about, so relax and enjoy the beutiful place you live in.

Jan 29, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #120 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Wow, Duncan, sorry to hear that. Your health is worth way more than anything worth stressing about, so relax and enjoy the beutiful place you live in.

Thanks Feanor!! You know, you guys have been great and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all your kind thoughts. I've been inundated with PMs and emails both here and at the ipod studio and it sure has cheered me up! Thanks gain everyone and I hope you manage to organise a good London meet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back