European market
Dec 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 17
Headphones here, electronics sometimes (most stuff here is 110V so you'd use an adapter). Have not had problems with shipping (other than often long customs times).

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 17
Same places I guess.
The FS sub-forum, eBay, AudiogoN, ...

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by turgonml /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the most part this forum seems to be dominated by Americans.

It is hosted from and run in the States, and many (but not all) of the premier sponsors are American, but that doesn't preclude Europeans or others from joining.

I've been involved in a few transactions here, and have to say that I am very pleased to have done business with every single European Head-Fi member I've encountered.

If you keep your eyes open for what you want to buy on the used market, you will probably find it at some point in the EU. If not, then just create a new WTB thread in the FS forums.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by turgonml /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the most part this forum seems to be dominated by Americans. Were do Europeans (continental) buy used stuff?

erm duh.

and id guess an italian speaking forum would be dominated by the most populous first world italian speaking country

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 17
I bought some stuff from euro people on this forums, you can buy from US but port is a pain. I suggest you do a WTB thread if your looking for something and specify your euro and prefer buying from euro.

If you can read french the generation mp3 forums have a good sale section, but it has a LOT less stuff than here and less top of the top headphones.
As for audiogon I've never used it but it seems to be a great place to buy too.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 17
Thanks for the replies. I will check out audiogon and maybe that french forum.

Mark2410, to my knowledge there is no comparable Italian form, that's why I was asking. Besides, there are about 20 languages in the EU, so the only way for us to realistically communicate is with English.

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #11 of 17
my point was simply that the forum being english based its not really a surprise that amercans being the most populous first world english speaking country dominates the user base.

its not that its full of americans its just full english speakers many of whom just happen to be american.

i mean there is quite possibly more new zealanders than there is italians here.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidxtb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the forum is open even to Asian HIFI fans

So I can stop pretending to be Dutch?
wink_face.gif

Most sales from Europe have [EU] in the title, just keep your eyes open!

Perhaps some indication of the location of the item in question could be added to the topic titles in the FS sub-forum, could that be achieved automatically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back