European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for almost nothing? Read the first post !)
Jun 4, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #47 of 308
Jun 11, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #51 of 308
  Hi guys,

Great initiative. 

I would like to do a maybe permanent trade.

OFFER: Hifiman HE560.
WANTED: Alpha Prime.

Let me now if you're interested!

Thanks !

Offer added both to the trade and classified.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #52 of 308
Hi guys,

Great initiative. 

I would like to do a maybe permanent trade.

OFFER: Hifiman HE560.
WANTED: Alpha Prime.

Let me now if you're interested!

Yes, great initiative indeed!

Unfortunately I don't own the Alpha Prime you're looking for, would you be interested in a (maybe) trade HE-560 <-> Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 instead?

I know we live in the same country so shipment costs and risk will be relatively low.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #53 of 308
Finally ! Our first trade is coming along !

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #54 of 308
Yes, great initiative indeed!

Unfortunately I don't own the Alpha Prime you're looking for, would you be interested in a (maybe) trade HE-560 <-> Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 instead?

I know we live in the same country so shipment costs and risk will be relatively low.

Yes, I might actually. Although a definitive trade is most unlikely (or the T1 has to grab me by the balls and don't let go) because I'm in love with the planar sound. I just want to see if the Primes can give me the same experience in closed back. I think the people around me would like that too 
tongue.gif

I'll see if the Primes comes along and then I make a decision, okay? Going to Pinkpop this weekend first anyways 
beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #55 of 308
  Yes, I might actually. Although a definitive trade is most unlikely (or the T1 has to grab me by the balls and don't let go) because I'm in love with the planar sound. I just want to see if the Primes can give me the same experience in closed back. I think the people around me would like that too 
tongue.gif

I'll see if the Primes comes along and then I make a decision, okay? Going to Pinkpop this weekend first anyways 
beerchug.gif

I understand why you'd want a closed-back planar sound and rather wait for any Primes to come along. As these thread's rules already indicate, we could still do a trade - marked 'trade unlikely' if you want - and see where we'll end up, no strings attached. We could agree beforehand to have the headphones returned within a fixed time bracket (before the end of June?) and still be able to audition each others headphones for an extended period of time. When you feel like it and like to proceed this trade, just send me a PM for details.

Great line up in Landgraaf, have fun!!!

BTW, my wife doesn't understand the purpose of open back headphones and she detest them because of their sound leakage. It was te main reason for selling my HE-500's and starting a queste for an additional pair of affordable closed-back planars just to keep other people happy (what a I thinking, there goes all the fun!) Ended up backing the Aequues Kickstarter project (and planning on doing so :wink: ) for their convertible (open + closed) design.

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #56 of 308

I understand why you'd want a closed-back planar sound and rather wait for any Primes to come along. As these thread's rules already indicate, we could still do a trade - marked 'trade unlikely' if you want - and see where we'll end up, no strings attached. We could agree beforehand to have the headphones returned within a fixed time bracket (before the end of June?) and still be able to audition each others headphones for an extended period of time. When you feel like it and like to proceed this trade, just send me a PM for details.

Great line up in Landgraaf, have fun!!!

BTW, my wife doesn't understand the purpose of open back headphones and she detest them because of their sound leakage. It was te main reason for selling my HE-500's and starting a queste for an additional pair of affordable closed-back planars just to keep other people happy (what a I thinking, there goes all the fun!) Ended up backing the Aequues Kickstarter project (and planning on doing so :wink: ) for their convertible (open + closed) design.

Yeah, I get why your wife says that. The sound leakage is a big downside, but for me the sound is just that much better. I like my soundstage :) I've bought the ZMF last year but it just wasn't for me. Hope the Primes might give me the experience I'm looking for. But I want to hear it before I commit. Will look into the Aequues (tough name if people try to Google the headphone lol). 

Only going sunday unfortunately, but going to Maastricht on saturday so I'm making it a weekend thing. Looking forward to it. Too bad Sam Smith cancelled though, really wanted to hear him live. I will contact you when I decide I want to trade for a few weeks. You're not in a rush, right?

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #57 of 308
  Yeah, I get why your wife says that. The sound leakage is a big downside, but for me the sound is just that much better. I like my soundstage :) I've bought the ZMF last year but it just wasn't for me. Hope the Primes might give me the experience I'm looking for. But I want to hear it before I commit. Will look into the Aequues (tough name if people try to Google the headphone lol). 

Only going sunday unfortunately, but going to Maastricht on saturday so I'm making it a weekend thing. Looking forward to it. Too bad Sam Smith cancelled though, really wanted to hear him live. I will contact you when I decide I want to trade for a few weeks. You're not in a rush, right?

No problem, I'm not in a hurry. The 1's are sitting here in their aluminium case and due to the Mrs they hardly see the light of day LOL

Too bad SS had to cancel his performance, still an excellent line up for Sunday and a great day in beautiful Maastricht. I'll be seeing the Counting Crows two days later :)

Enjoy!

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #58 of 308

No problem, I'm not in a hurry. The 1's are sitting here in their aluminium case and due to the Mrs they hardly see the light of day LOL

Too bad SS had to cancel his performance, still an excellent line up for Sunday and a great day in beautiful Maastricht. I'll be seeing the Counting Crows two days later :)

Enjoy!

Well if the SS would perform that would be a whole different party 
tongue.gif

Counting Crows are cool too! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back