euphonic distortion, yea or nay: Echo Indigo versus TBAAM
Mar 13, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #31 of 35
I see your point, and to some extent I agree. But, I think you (and others) underestimate the level and quality of professional sound products and music production facilities. I have never worked professionaly with anything less than Genelec and JBL monitors, and mixers like Soundcraft, and headphones like AKG and beyerdynamic. And as far as I have experienced professionals don't work with "Mid-Fi". Though some expensive Hi-Fi products sounds excellent they often is too fragile to be used professionaly, and the Hi-Fi products are often more expensive than equally or better sounding "pro gear". The Echo Audio products is to my experience (Echo Mia) excellent products. I have never used an Indigo, so it may be a turkey, though I have heard (read) otherwise.

My point is that audiophiles is at the end of the signal path and usually have a better time listening to music through great "Hi-Fi" products than "pro gear". It's nothing wrong with that.

Mar 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #32 of 35
I agree absolutely with that whole last message. Thank goodness for the kind of studios that don't mess around when it comes to monitoring. The mid-fi stuff I've seen was all tv/radio or video production, not music.

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by muzikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Bloat is quite interesting but I have neglected it in the past because of the absence of reviews and informations here. I had a chat with a person from Hippohifi and he told me that the product is 6 weeks old hence the lack of information but he assured me that 3 loaner units has been send to Headfiers for reviews and comparison. He also told me that a thread in the "Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum" will be posted this week with a first review and promotional price.

We haven't sent out the loaner units yet and have been a bit slack with posting in the "Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum" as we are in the process of moving our business location. The move should be complete by the 28th and at that point we will starting our advertising campaign.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #34 of 35
Let me update by saying that the distortion is EXTREMELY obvious on the TBAAM through the ER-4P. I mean, I can hear the distortion on test tones with something like my K701, but with the ER-4P the harmonic distortion is ABUNDANT... so much damn extra noise. A digital hiss throughout, also (audible when sound is being produced, not just that background hiss from a poor SNR). So, if you have a detailed headphone, avoid the TBAAM.

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #35 of 35
An X-Files moment as I'm doing an Echo Indigo giveaway at the moment. Personally I love the indigo card. I tested it against a Gilmore lite with my old HD 580s and still preferred the indigo. The card mates especially well with certain phones and it extremely clean and noise free. I tend to prefer dry to warm and for me it was a good match. Of course some will prefer other presentations but it is a semi-pro card and not really designed for euphonics as others have stated.

Mine's going away as it's now redundant in my setup but it's certainly not going for any other reason. In fact this is my second indigo after I physically broke the first one. I just hope whoever gets it enjoys and appreciates it's strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back