Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Dec 18, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #1,246 of 1,392
I have had a look at these but not easily attainable in the UK.. :frowning2:
Bugger. I’m down under snd was easy to get for me. I paid $50 usd shipping.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #1,247 of 1,392
Does anyone have any DAC recommendations for the Eufonika? I am currently using an AudioGD R2R 11, previously I was using my miniDSP SHD streamer. The AudioGD sounds a bit veiled to me, I have trouble picking out the same details as compared to the miniDSP. Problem is, the miniDSP is a preamp in my loudspeaker set up so can't keep it with my HPs permanently.. I would rather not spend a fortune but I feel now that the DAC is the weak link in my chain.. I stream to a wiim pro plus ->DAC->Eufonika H5KPCU -> ZMF Auteur / HD6XX .

As a side note, considering a pair of DT880 600Ohm.. anyone got experience of these on a H5? Worried they will be too similar to what I already have..

Thanks
Schiit MM2. Modest cost, excellent tonality, detail and layering with the H5.

DT880 600ohm are great with the H5. As well as the 600ohm Senn 540 Ref I. You can never have too many headphones or tubes...

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #1,248 of 1,392
Depending on taste, I can imagine that having an R2R DAC with an OTL can be too much of a good thing. Denafrips may be an exception because I think they sound pretty linear.

So I can echo other recommendations to get a decent SDM DAC and be done with it. I favor AKM based ones over ESS, latter of which I find more analytical and less musical.

I currently own a Singxer SDA-6 PRO with Mundorf capacitors based) that I’m looking to upgrade. AK4499EQ based, basically unobtanium since the AKM factory fire. PM me if interested, shipping from The Netherlands.

Will be upgrading to a PRO2 based on the AK4499EX.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #1,250 of 1,392
If anyone is thinking about buying Eufonika now it's a good time for that.

Wiesław told me that prices are going up in the new year.
I ordered H5KPCU version, will see how it goes :wink:
I am seriously thinking to ask Wieslaw to build me an amp, but I am still deciding on the specs. I would like to have a custom build which was not yet tested, therefore requires some of my assistance and also his time. I am unsure if he is willingly wanting to test and try for a new type or just build what he already "released". Anyway he is on my top list for a new amp and I am glad that you are supporting him. I know you and I trust you.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #1,252 of 1,392
Yep, he did not hesitate suggesting a custom build for me either 👍

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #1,253 of 1,392
I am seriously thinking to ask Wieslaw to build me an amp, but I am still deciding on the specs. I would like to have a custom build which was not yet tested, therefore requires some of my assistance and also his time. I am unsure if he is willingly wanting to test and try for a new type or just build what he already "released". Anyway he is on my top list for a new amp and I am glad that you are supporting him. I know you and I trust you.
Yup, I decided to buy from Eufonika partially because of wanting to support 'local' business, but also because of build quality of the amp. Everything seems to be well though and built 'honestly'.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #1,254 of 1,392
Yes, Wieslaw is a cool guy and I follow his work from a long time. You have made a good choice, I want also to get in touch with him for some special amplifier. Most probably not on Christmas because he is overloaded with orders.

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,257 of 1,392
Hi,
Has anyone, ever, tried a Denon AH-D7200 (25 Ohm) on a Eufonika (OTL) tube amp?
Probably not the best of choices/pairing...

All input appreciated.
Thank you and Merry Christmas
I use my 32ohm Arya planars, but I'm weird*. :joy:

Generally, any headphone with an impedance lower than the output impedance of an OTL is going to make the amp and ears suffer. Especially if you enjoy/tolerate higher listening levels than is good for you. Lowest single output impedance tube in the OTL series is the 7236 or a pair of 6N6P/6H30. The H7M or H22M with a pair of 7236s will probably drive the D7200 fairly well. Wieslaw's Hybrid H32 amp in the most logical option, but not quite as much fun to roll.

* - I built a Traffo-House with well-spec'd 70V matching transformers to use the Aryas with my H5. Works great. Trades a little detail - as is the way of all transformers, but the most stupid expensive - for the more rich, spacious H5 presentation. Sonic joy on a cheapskate budget.

Dec 24, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #1,258 of 1,392

Generally, any headphone with an impedance lower than the output impedance of an OTL is going to make the amp and ears suffer. Especially if you enjoy/tolerate higher listening levels than is good for you. Lowest single output impedance tube in the OTL series is the 7236 or a pair of 6N6P/6H30. The H7M or H22M with a pair of 7236s will probably drive the D7200 fairly well. Wieslaw's Hybrid H32 amp in the most logical option, but not quite as much fun to roll.

* - I built a Traffo-House with well-spec'd 70V matching transformers to use the Aryas with my H5. Works great. Trades a little detail - as is the way of all transformers, but the most stupid expensive - for the more rich, spacious H5 presentation. Sonic joy on a cheapskate budget.
Can you direct me to any good information on building external output transformer houses? I'm learning electronics as I go, mostly simple repair jobs and it's something I think I'd want to take a stab at as a project.

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #1,259 of 1,392
IMG_0480.jpeg

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,260 of 1,392

Thanks @LobalWarming ,

As you've said, I'm afraid no tube-only OTL amp will pair decently with a D7200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back