Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #1,156 of 1,399
Got mine. Sounds bad with my 6xx, which surprised me. Sounds clear and open (after EQ) with the bonkers HE-R9 cans. I really want to try the DT1990 with the amp.
IMG_0299.jpeg

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #1,157 of 1,399
Got mine. Sounds bad with my 6xx, which surprised me. Sounds clear and open (after EQ) with the bonkers HE-R9 cans. I really want to try the DT1990 with the amp. IMG_0299.jpeg
Looks good 👍
How does it sound bad with the 6XX? That is surprising as you say.

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #1,159 of 1,399
First time posting in this thread, I got my Eufonika a little bit ago and tube rolling improves it even more than it was. I know the tubes that came with mine sounded good but the bass was more sloppy with the tubes I got with it. I did some tube rolling and tightened up the bass quite a bit.
finally settled on the Winged C's for power tube and the Electo-harmonix gold pins for the pre.

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,160 of 1,399
Got mine. Sounds bad with my 6xx, which surprised me. Sounds clear and open (after EQ) with the bonkers HE-R9 cans. I really want to try the DT1990 with the amp. IMG_0299.jpeg
How do the he r9s sound? Do you like them in general?

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #1,161 of 1,399
Looks good 👍
How does it sound bad with the 6XX? That is surprising as you say.
I just traded for my very first pair of sennys-6xx. Heavily modded with eq they sound fantastic on my eufonika otc!! I cannot believe it as I always found them to be veiled and bass-light. I am a bit of a freak though haha!!!! I listen to heavy metal and love bass and treble.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #1,164 of 1,399
They are a bit strange - lots of bass and recessed mids. With EQ they are pretty capable while keeping a fun character. I wouldn’t use them as my only set, but they are good to mix things up. They are a steal for $109.
Could be really worn out pads. The more they wear, the moar bass you get... usually one doesn't notice as it's gradual when your start with a fresh pair of pads...

Also... is your H5 stock or the KPCU edition?

Also, also.... need to start rolling some more lively tubes... can make some or a lot of suggestions once the H5 version is determined by your cap and tube rolling assistants here on the Eufonika thread.

Also and also, my modded 1990s on my cap-modded H5 is a wonderful, rich, lively, detailed combo that throws a soundstage almost as big as my Aryas.

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #1,167 of 1,399
I just tried out new pads on the 6xx and my impressions are the same. They sound muffled and a bit unnatural. I will hang onto them and lay the kids use them.
Remove the foam from the pads above the driver-it loses some muffle and adds treble. The eq the crap out of them.

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,168 of 1,399
I just tried out new pads on the 6xx and my impressions are the same. They sound muffled and a bit unnatural. I will hang onto them and lay the kids use them.
Sounds like you may just prefer brighter headphones. Do you like Grados or Beyerdynamics? 6xx is well known to be on the warm side and have "the veil". OTL is supposed to help with some of that, but I like mine for cozier sessions.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #1,170 of 1,399
Sounds like you may just prefer brighter headphones. Do you like Grados or Beyerdynamics? 6xx is well known to be on the warm side and have "the veil". OTL is supposed to help with some of that, but I like mine for cozier sessions.
I haven’t had Grados for 25 years. I remember them being fun, but not that technically good. I haven’t spent much time with Beyer, but have DT1990s on my short list. I do have some higher frequency hearing loss and tend to like headphones that I can EQ to Harmon and add a little to the top end to help out. However, I really think there is something wrong with these. They sound immediately off when I compare them to my other headphones: LCD-X, HE-R9, He-4xx and Timeless IEM.

Sounds like you may just prefer brighter headphones. Do you like Grados or Beyerdynamics? 6xx is well known to be on the warm side and have "the veil". OTL is supposed to help with some of that, but I like mine for cozier session

Users who are viewing this thread

Back