Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Nov 3, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #1,126 of 1,388
I've been enjoying rolling a few tubes over the last couple of days nothing fancy tube wise just wanting to put a few hours on the H5 and enjoying some background music.

However time to change it up a few gears and roll in some old favourites šŸ˜

IMG_20231103_155622.jpg

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #1,128 of 1,388
Your H5 is also with transformer completely inside? No ā€œbell topā€? Thatā€™s a new design.

Yes to be honest I thought I had the wrong amp at first. I also prefer the aesthetics of the transformer on top which the pictures showed when I ordered and what is still shown on his listings.

This was somewhat annoying at first to be honest but am warming to it now.

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,129 of 1,388
Yeah not so WYSIWYG... first amp I ordered was the H7 from Etsy showing a transformer on top. Imagine my surprise when I got a H7mk2 prototype with "new transformer technology" (Wieslaw's words). Fortunate has it that I'm *exactly* the kind of customer that loves this, and Wieslaw and I went back and forth multiple times to tune it. But certainly unexpected. Not sure how others would appreciate, and in any case a reason to update those webshop pictures quickly.

So I got this H7mk2 with transformer hidden, and an older (custom) H5 with transformer on top. I like both equally. The top transformer has more of a vintage look, the transformer hidden definitely cleaner and more hidden. I literally have them side by side and it's a great combo.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #1,130 of 1,388
Yeah not so WYSIWYG... first amp I ordered was the H7 from Etsy showing a transformer on top. Imagine my surprise when I got a H7mk2 prototype with "new transformer technology" (Wieslaw's words). Fortunate has it that I'm *exactly* the kind of customer that loves this, and Wieslaw and I went back and forth multiple times to tune it. But certainly unexpected. Not sure how others would appreciate, and in any case a reason to update those webshop pictures quickly.

So I got this H7mk2 with transformer hidden, and an older (custom) H5 with transformer on top. I like both equally. The top transformer has more of a vintage look, the transformer hidden definitely cleaner and more hidden. I literally have them side by side and it's a great combo.
Can you share a photo of both please? Thanks.

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,132 of 1,388
I've been looking at Eufonika H5 and to me it seems like an upgraded version of Bottlehead Crack for same/less money - especially assembled. Protection circuit and a bottom metal board are welcome additions.
I believe you are correct. I have the Eufonika H5 +miflex and it's supposed to be equal to the Bottlehead Crack with Speedball. No complaints here, it pairs very well with my ZMF OG Auteur!

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #1,133 of 1,388
Wieslaw stated that a Eufonika amp--one that would basically be equivalent to the Feliks Euforia--would be released in October. Does anyone know if its been released yet? I messaged Wieslaw a few days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Nov 4, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #1,134 of 1,388
I believe you are correct. I have the Eufonika H5 +miflex and it's supposed to be equal to the Bottlehead Crack with Speedball. No complaints here, it pairs very well with my ZMF OG Auteur!

Had a lot of fun building Cracks 9-10 years ago at least a dozen of them. Some stock some with speed ball others fully hot rodded. To long ago and not enough hours on my new H5 (I have the milflex version as well) to make any comparison though am enjoying the H5.

Having owned and listened to a stock and Hot rodding Crack side by side hot rodding is essential imho.

At the end of the day probably going OTL is more about having a preference for a certain sound signature, old school aesthetics. Then there's the joy of finding and listening to a 50-60-70 year old tube you've been hunting for being amazed that something so old has survived let alone can sound so good as it softly glows away in the dark.

Nov 4, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #1,135 of 1,388
Had a lot of fun building Cracks 9-10 years ago at least a dozen of them. Some stock some with speed ball others fully hot rodded. To long ago and not enough hours on my new H5 (I have the milflex version as well) to make any comparison though am enjoying the H5.

Having owned and listened to a stock and Hot rodding Crack side by side hot rodding is essential imho.

At the end of the day probably going OTL is more about having a preference for a certain sound signature, old school aesthetics. Then there's the joy of finding and listening to a 50-60-70 year old tube you've been hunting for being amazed that something so old has survived let alone can sound so good as it softly glows away in the dark.
The Eufonika H5 miflex is my first tube amp ever. Tbh, a lot of the terminology (like rectifier and driver tubes) is still over my head.

Nov 4, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #1,136 of 1,388
Nov 4, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,137 of 1,388
Nov 4, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #1,138 of 1,388
What is the main difference between the H5 and the H7?
Preamp tube: the H5 takes a 6SN7 / 6N8S and the H7 a 6N1P / E88CC.

I think the Eufonikas have far, far better price-performance ratio than the Felikses which are really overpriced for the basic circuits inside (they do look nice though). However anyone interested in a dual mono Eufonika should look at for example a H22M. Itā€™s more dual mono than the Feliks, because it actually has four transformers.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #1,139 of 1,388
Preamp tube: the H5 takes a 6SN7 / 6N8S / E80CC and the H7 a 6N1P / E88CC.

I think the Eufonikas have far, far better price-performance ratio than the Felikses which are really overpriced for the basic circuits inside (they do look nice though). However anyone interested in a dual mono Eufonika should look at for example a H22M. Itā€™s more dual mono than the Feliks, because it actually has four transformers.
Thank you for the explanation and information, I'm very new to the world of tubes, and Eufonika had both been recommended and I like the looks of them. So it might be a good place to start the journey :)

Nov 5, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #1,140 of 1,388
Hi everyone,
I've been watching this thread for sometime now, but never really contributed to it.
I'm quite interested about tube amps, I've been eyeing Cayin's HA-3A and of course, Eufonika's.
One thing I'm struggling about Eufonika: Info, specifically model related information.

http://www.eufonika.pl/index.html lists H4 and H7 models.

https://www.etsy.com/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Eufonika?ref=shop_sugg_market
has much more models, but very scant info. And I'd rather deal directly wih Eufonika.

I'm looking for an amp with balanced XLR inputs, and preferably balanced XLR headphone outputs. Is there any model with those options?

Eufonika amps have PCBs, but is there any model with point-to-point wiring?

Thanks, all help appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back