Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Sep 8, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #1,066 of 1,399
just bagged a used amiron off ebay for under £200.
and even better, my H5 has now despatched. :)
initially underwhelmed with the Amiron, compared to my DT1990 with Dekoni hybrid pads.
put the Dekoni pads on the Amiron and it transformed. will have to order another set of pads now :relaxed: .
cant wait to hear both on the H5 when it lands.

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #1,068 of 1,399
Has anyone talked with Wieslaw lately? I haven't heard back from him in over a month about an issue with my amp so I messaged him 3 days ago and still nothing.
I have a 2nd amp in the making (he sent my 1st over but it’s a prototype so he’s building the final one with my feedback. I have emailed him a few times just checking how it’s going. 1st time he explained he had supply issues. 2nd time he politely (this was 2 weeks later) told me that I need to be patient for the magic to happen. 😀 I then asked if there was anything I could do about the hum on my own and I didn’t hear back at all. Don’t stress, he’s probably busy, stressed himself trying to find new suppliers and not as communicative as he normally is. I will leave him alone for at least 2-3 more weeks and then check in.

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #1,069 of 1,399
I have a 2nd amp in the making (he sent my 1st over but it’s a prototype so he’s building the final one with my feedback. I have emailed him a few times just checking how it’s going. 1st time he explained he had supply issues. 2nd time he politely (this was 2 weeks later) told me that I need to be patient for the magic to happen. 😀 I then asked if there was anything I could do about the hum on my own and I didn’t hear back at all. Don’t stress, he’s probably busy, stressed himself trying to find new suppliers and not as communicative as he normally is. I will leave him alone for at least 2-3 more weeks and then check in.
Thanks! That makes sense. With everything going on with Belarus, I just wanted to know if everything is ok and if I should worry. I know the tubes I ordered from Ukraine took between 30-45 days and those were in stock.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #1,070 of 1,399
Thanks! That makes sense. With everything going on with Belarus, I just wanted to know if everything is ok and if I should worry. I know the tubes I ordered from Ukraine took between 30-45 days and those were in stock.
Sorry - bit naive here and haven't kept up with world news - what's happening in Belarus?

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #1,072 of 1,399
Belarus has been massing Wagner Company troops on Poland's border. Mercenaries for Russia. I guess they have been flying helicopters over the border.

They're taunting NATO. Pretty tense, I'm sure.**
** especially considering NATO Article Five:

FA796536-B294-4855-9573-9CF291E76B72.jpeg

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #1,073 of 1,399
Belarus has been massing Wagner Company troops on Poland's border. Mercenaries for Russia. I guess they have been flying helicopters over the border. They're taunting NATO. Pretty tense, I'm sure.
Oh that’s bloody awful!!!!!! Yes no wonder Wieslaw is tense and may have do with supply chains too.

Sep 15, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #1,076 of 1,399
Anyway, heard back today. WW3 averted and work continues. I'm probably the one who's tense.
So, you couldn't solve the hum, huh?
Good news.

I reached out to him too to say we are thinking of him and he said he didn't know of it as he doesn't have a tv or radio.
At least he is responding.
And no, but some kind person here has reached out via PM and is offering some wondeful suggestions. I have leant it to a friend for a week or 2 then will get in touch with this person (I'll assume he wants to remain anonymous until he says otherwise....) to go through some tests.

I have to say this is a wonderful group of people - very positive and helpful!!!!!!

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #1,077 of 1,399
Hello all, currently using the H5 miflex with the ZMF Atrium. I've changed the pads from the Universe Lamb perf to BE2 lamb perf and love the more balanced sound. Using Sylvania 6SN7GTB and GE 6AS7GA tubes. I like this combo but I am just looking for more bite in the upper mids. I want more attack with female voices and crunch with guitars. Any affordable tube combos that can manage this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back