Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Jul 17, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #886 of 1,388
Nice!

He didn't tell me either when I asked. He did tell me that what he has sent IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT.....He asked me to listen for 3-6 months then send back the prototype and he would build the final one. He said he will get me to concentrate on a few thinks. His email verbatim was
"Hi Andrew
Again, this is not your target amp. This is a prototype on the basis of which we will build your target amplifier together. Later, I will write you what interests me and what I would like you to pay attention to. Pay attention because it's very important!"
All the best
Wieslaw

I'm in for a bumpy ride haha!!!!
Can I ask what you asked for when you contacted him?

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #887 of 1,388
That's exciting! I would really love doing that if I lived near him. Though, honestly, I think my amp got here to the states in less time than yours. I hear European vats and customs are a pain.
I went ahead and ordered an isolation transformer to clean up the power and I'll go from there. I wanted to do that anyway so all the transformers don't work so hard. Weislaw is thinking on it still. I hope it's just DC on the line or something simple to solve. I'd hate to have to send it back for a redesign, but it would be nice to be able to have a more tolerant power supply.
Hope you get it sorted.
I looked on instagram for your beast and I saw one that was balanced so I just asked Wieslaw if I get a balanced one too. He said yes but more expensive (thats understandable) and he would need to use maybe 4 6s8n tubes..exciting journey.

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #888 of 1,388
Can I ask what you asked for when you contacted him?
I asked him for the power specs. I’ve asked him heaps of stuff as well. He’s pretty good with responding, has a very dry sense of humor. I called him a “bugger” once. In Australian culture, bugger is a colloquialism to mean crap or pain in the arse. His response was “I looked up the meaning of bugger in the dictionary. “…….,nothing else, that was it…. I think he thought I was accusing him of making love to sheep…..

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #889 of 1,388
I asked him for the power specs. I’ve asked him heaps of stuff as well. He’s pretty good with responding, has a very dry sense of humor. I called him a “bugger” once. In Australian culture, bugger is a colloquialism to mean crap or pain in the arse. His response was “I looked up the meaning of bugger in the dictionary. “…….,nothing else, that was it…. I think he thought I was accusing him of making love to sheep…..
lol! that's hilarious. I mean, what did you want from the amp?
You're in Australia, then? Explains the long wait.

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #890 of 1,388
More about just being interested. It will power my low impedance high sensitivity hps with ease, was just curious. I’d be excited to get balanced given every other component I have is balanced, including my Douk 7-band tube eq.

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #891 of 1,388
More about just being interested. It will power my low impedance high sensitivity hps with ease, was just curious. I’d be excited to get balanced given every other component I have is balanced, including my Douk 7-band tube eq.
And yes, being in oz certainly has benefits and drawbacks haha !!!!

Jul 17, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #892 of 1,388
And yes, being in oz certainly has benefits and drawbacks haha !!!!
And just got notice-it’s now arrived in the biggest island in the world!! Shouldn’t be long now.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #893 of 1,388
Let me know how you fare with your 6SN7. I currently enjoy the combination of a warmer Svetlana 6AS7G plus cleaner Telefunken E88CC. Nice combination of width and warmth.
Adapter arrived yesterday. Currently trying with a TAD 6sn7gt (new production) that I liked with my Xduuo TA-26s. Running along with a RCA 6as7 in the Eufonika H7 all I can say at the moment is that I like it too. Do I prefer it over the 6n1p I was using since now? I don't know yet, maybe the 6n1p is a bit more detailed and the Tad more full bodied, but I just listened this new combination for a few hours. Good thing is I now have a lot more combinations to change the sound signature out of the H7 depending on genre,mood,etc
Time will tell if I settle on a specific combination or I'm rolling constantly. Sure thing is that it will be fun!

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #894 of 1,388
Adapter arrived yesterday. Currently trying with a TAD 6sn7gt (new production) that I liked with my Xduuo TA-26s. Running along with a RCA 6as7 in the Eufonika H7 all I can say at the moment is that I like it too. Do I prefer it over the 6n1p I was using since now? I don't know yet, maybe the 6n1p is a bit more detailed and the Tad more full bodied, but I just listened this new combination for a few hours. Good thing is I now have a lot more combinations to change the sound signature out of the H7 depending on genre,mood,etc
Time will tell if I settle on a specific combination or I'm rolling constantly. Sure thing is that it will be fun!
Don't forget that most tubes need 30-50 hours to burn in and the sound usually changes quite significantly during that period.

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #896 of 1,388
Wieslaw seems to have to completed my custom amp which I am very excited about, as you might expect.

Guess he has named it the "H34".

With this amp, Wieslaw has made it possible for me to ditch the external power supply, voltage regulators and ugly sockets that route the heater pins to said external PS with ugly wires coming out if them.

Instead, he has built me this amp which I am super grateful for. The input and output heater voltages can be independently set to meet the needs of the tubes you wish to run - for instance, when I want to run some 9V inputs, and 12.6V outputs, I simply set the voltages on the amp itself, and voila! Also, it has been built to handle high current tubes such as the 6336/6528, which are so very very nice outputs to say the least.

Voltage adjustment anywhere between 2-30V for both input and output.

Output can handle up to 6.6A and the input can handle up to 5A .. so between the two, this has pretty much got me covered with any/all tubes I plan to run with it.

Natively, 6336/6AS7 output and 6SN7 input. Obviously, same adapters I use to run tubes other than 6AS7 or 6SN7 in my H5M can be used with this amp.

I did order with Miflex KPCU-01 caps.. can't wait to get this amp in so I can throw all the ugly external PS equipment into the closet, and hopefully never need to use it again

1689737072437.png

Here's the link to the Instagram post --> https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu2mwcUt-S8/

Seems like he has been posting new custom builds one after the next on his Instagram - must be very busy!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #897 of 1,388
Wieslaw seems to have to completed my custom amp which I am very excited about, as you might expect.

Guess he has named it the "H34".

With this amp, Wieslaw has made it possible for me to ditch the external power supply, voltage regulators and ugly sockets that route the heater pins to said external PS with ugly wires coming out if them.

Instead, he has built me this amp which I am super grateful for. The input and output heater voltages can be independently set to meet the needs of the tubes you wish to run - for instance, when I want to run some 9V inputs, and 12.6V outputs, I simply set the voltages on the amp itself, and voila! Also, it has been built to handle high current tubes such as the 6336/6528, which are so very very nice outputs to say the least.

Voltage adjustment anywhere between 2-30V for both input and output.

Natively, 6336/6AS7 output and 6SN7 input. Obviously, same adapters I use to run tubes other than 6AS7 or 6SN7 in my H5M can be used with this amp.

I did order with Miflex caps.. can't wait to get this amp in so I can throw all the ugly external PS equipement into the closet, and hopefully never need to use it again

1689737072437.png

Here's the link to the Instagram post --> https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu2mwcUt-S8/

Seems like he has been posting new custom builds one after the next on his Instagram - must be very busy!
Looks great!!!

No AC transformer lump up top. Did Wieslaw tell you how many batteries you have to stuff inside? 🤣

Jul 19, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #898 of 1,388
Ok so it arrived today. It looks and feels amazing - heavy AF, solid, bloody good looking. My first tube amp and it sounds awesome!!!!!! Moe power than I thought it would have so won't need it as a preamp. Has a hum on silent wkhich I've reported to Wieslaw but apart from that, it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! He's bloody good!!!!!

Attachments

• 1.1 gear.jpg
    1.1 gear.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1.1111 gear.jpg
    1.1111 gear.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1.1 euf.jpg
    1.1 euf.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1.11 euf.jpg
    1.11 euf.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1euf.jpg
    1euf.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 19, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #899 of 1,388
Ok so it arrived today. It looks and feels amazing - heavy AF, solid, bloody good looking. My first tube amp and it sounds awesome!!!!!! Moe power than I thought it would have so won't need it as a preamp. Has a hum on silent wkhich I've reported to Wieslaw but apart from that, it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! He's bloody good!!!!!
Looks great man, hope it sounds even better!

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #900 of 1,388
Looks great man, hope it sounds even better!
I was just fortunate enough to trade my Abyss Diana V2s for a Sparkos Aries amp ($3000) and both arived today. This tube amp is almost comparable to it............this thing rocks!!!!!!!!! Soundtage is amazing, clarity, timbre........ a slight hum on 0 volume which ive let Wieslaw know about but this IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clarity, slam, bass - wow -I've never experienced such enjoyment (except from my Sparkos as of today too)......Very happy, very fortunate, very thankful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back