Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Jul 8, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #466 of 1,388
Looks awesome man - definitely looking to order the exact same layout soon. How silent is it when its on and not sending tunes thru it?

Incredibly silent. Solid state like. With headphones on without music playing I hear no difference between volume all the way down and all the way up. Really nice and something of a relief because noise was always a thing nuisance when I owned the Bottlehead Crack and S.E.X. In the first two weeks I had some worry about transformer hum but thankfully this seems to have solved by loosening the bell's screws a little bit.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #468 of 1,388

I got my custom h22m today, extremely happy with then packaging and quality if the build. Had him stained the wood with a mahogany colour.

I doubt not that it sounds as great as it looks. Something to cherish for a long time I reckon :)

I like front input for headphones with led.

I agree the front plate looks beautiful against the minimal layout of the top. Love the looks.

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #470 of 1,388
I am not technical expert, but I think that main advantage of dual mono configuration is more power and dynamic, especially with lower impedance headphones. Not sure, if increase some parameters like detail, soundstage...
Wieslaw could build H5 Milflex in dual mono configuration, so try ask him.
What headphones are you going to pair with Eufonika?
Yes look at the lowest range on the dual monos rather than the highest, are they lower?

I have about 5 dual mono Eufonika amps, I sold my H7 (first Eufonika I bought) as soon as I got the H5M as it (the latter) was much better.

Actually one isn't dual mono. It's true balanced in 2 chassis, ie "quad mono" :L3000:

Jul 8, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #471 of 1,388
Yes look at the lowest range on the dual monos rather than the highest, are they lower?

I have about 5 dual mono Eufonika amps, I sold my H7 (first Eufonika I bought) as soon as I got the H5M as it (the latter) was much better.

Actually one isn't dual mono. It's true balanced in 2 chassis, ie "quad mono" :L3000:
I did ask Wieslaw and he said dual mono did allow the driving of "slightly lower impendence" headphones.

Also said "The H6M model cannot be fitted with KPCU capacitors, which significantly change the sound signature. The H5KPCU model does not have a single transistor, while the H6M amplifier has more transistors than electron tubes :wink:"

So transistor's are what replaced vacuum tubes, right? If that is the case, is this more along the lines of a hybrid tube amp?

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #472 of 1,388

I got my custom h22m today, extremely happy with then packaging and quality if the build. Had him stained the wood with a mahogany colour. Extremely happy playing from my dx240 to my VC!!!

That H22M is a beauty! Wieslaw is great to deal with and he'll build a custom amp to your spec's. Have been enjoying my Eufonika H4 for the past few years with
my higher impedance cans: AKG K240 Sextett, Sennheisser HD600 and HD6XX. Best of luck with your H22M! 😊

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #473 of 1,388
It looks very good, I like front input for headphones with led. What tubes do you use?
I especially requested for him to put it in the front because i don't want my cable to potentially knock over the tubes! I also liked the little crevasse he made on the front plate for the eufonika logo, It's the little details for me as he could put it at the corner:)

Been using the Chatham 6080 and the stock preamp tube. But soon i will put in two RCA 6j5g and two GEC L63 tubes for preamp!
Looks awesome man - definitely looking to order the exact same layout soon. How silent is it when its on and not sending tunes thru it?
I couldn't hear any noise until i turn it past 2'clock, after that it is a very VERY quiet hiss that would not be audible with even low-volume music! But I found that the stock power tubes do hiss louder so YMMV.
Are the transformers inside the case?
YEP! I think he could do this due to the size of the case lol (35x35, nearly 13kg).

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #476 of 1,388
Not too sure it doesnt feel like it could be pushed down fully without me really putting a lot of pressure, dont want to break hundred dollars worth of tube lol . If it works dont fix it 🙃
Are you pushing the tube straight in, or rolling it from side to side as you push? You want to roll it in. And out.

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #478 of 1,388
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #479 of 1,388
Has anyone rolled the Tung Sol 7236 as the power tube in the H5? If so, hows it sound? And if you've rolled that same tube in a DV, how's the comparison?
Very similarly. TS 7236 is a bit faster, more dynamic/more attack, tighter bass, in both the H5 and DV. (I've owned both in the past).

Jul 15, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #480 of 1,388
BBF1E4B8-8BA4-4B18-9584-341E2DFA64DF.jpeg
I got my custom h22m today, extremely happy with then packaging and quality if the build. Had him stained the wood with a mahogany colour. Extremely happy playing from my dx240 to my VC!!!
hiya

Nerfkevin that looks just gorgeous! i own one too along with zmf verite open. absolutely love the sound. did you go for the miflex kpcu-01 capacitors on yours? i went for the kfpm-01 on mine. i didn`t know about the kpcu-01 capacitors when i had mine built. thinking of having another one built next year with a 4 pin headphone output, xlr inputs. this time i`m going to spend time researching parts for the internals and volume pot. i think it will be very worth it for the verite headphones. stunning sound quality! the stain on yours really is lovely!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back