Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Nov 17, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #241 of 1,388
I hadn't noticed, but yes mine has the same outlet plug. I know for sure that the transformer in mine is 120V and my amp is running correctly. Yours should be fine. I'll check with Wiesaw, but I don't think you have to worry about that fuse.

ed. - I just heard from Wieslaw, and he says "Yes of course everything is OK. Unfortunately, I cannot buy such a socket with the inscription 110V at a normal price."
Lol. Thanks for confirming that. I wasn't that worried about it until I saw the EU power cord. You do bring up good points about it for sure.
Wieslaw is great to deal with...I'm sure he will figure out its me...I had messaged him as well.

It took me 3 months to get the amp and a few more months without any amp at all so I'm quite anxious to get this going. LOL. Again really appreciate it. I gotta go dig up an old monitor cord now....

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #242 of 1,388
Without going in to too much details. I have a lightly moded DV with changed Alps pot and pre out section cut. Sound quality is about the same. Tubes come in to play more or less. The H5 definitely has better components all around. H5 feels more refined and slightly clearer. More detail if you will.
PXL_20211020_151701293~2.jpg
These amps has one power tubes. I wonder if anyone has compared this design to the one with two power tubes. Does it have any advantage, eg more controlled bas ect? Also Eufonika has two designs, so i wonder what is the difference?

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #247 of 1,388
No, I have never had monoblocks. The closest comparison I can think of is woo wa2 to wa3, where wa2 is more dynamic and spacious.
I think that was meant for me! Not yet, I've got the right cables but I've had loads of issues with a builder and this hasn't been top priority. I don't have room in the bedroom for my usual setup so I have to link it up to my hifi for a bit before the kids get home from school and fiddle around with it!

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #249 of 1,388
I think that was meant for me! Not yet, I've got the right cables but I've had loads of issues with a builder and this hasn't been top priority. I don't have room in the bedroom for my usual setup so I have to link it up to my hifi for a bit before the kids get home from school and fiddle around with it!
Ha, ha:) I was too quick:wink:

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #251 of 1,388
I have a sense that the (miflex) cap upgrade will even out the score between the two (sonically at least, though perhaps mot powerwise), and it is cheaper. Wieslaw himself was very impressed with the sonic improvemet they brought, when he mentioned the upgraded H5 to me a couple of weeks ago. I will definitely opt for those caps, if my upcoming amp (project) should end up with caps, rather than being capless which is what I envision at the moment.

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #252 of 1,388
I have a sense that the (miflex) cap upgrade will even out the score between the two (sonically at least, though perhaps mot powerwise), and it is cheaper. Wieslaw himself was very impressed with the sonic improvemet they brought, when he mentioned the upgraded H5 to me a couple of weeks ago. I will definitely opt for those caps, if my upcoming amp (project) should end up with caps, rather than being capless which is what I envision at the moment.
What would the upgrade cost ? I'd be more interested in getting the caps AND changing my bent top plate. For the plate alone it's not really worth to send it in

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #253 of 1,388
Understood:) What would be good to know is what are the differences resulting from using additional (second) power tube and two driver tubes. I mean sonically, not technically. I would say more power can make the sound more dynamic and open, maybe soundstage is bigger?

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #254 of 1,388
What would the upgrade cost ? I'd be more interested in getting the caps AND changing my bent top plate. For the plate alone it's not really worth to send it in
Looking at the extra space needed, it may not be possible to retrofit without swapping the case also. However, since your top plate ‘needs’ replacing anyway, swapping the case at the same time shouldn’t add considerably to the costs. I would rather not give you a quote on the caps, but in my world they are not expensive, even for a moderately priced amp like H5.
Edit: Miflex KPCU-01 47nF (same as Miflex KPCU-01 0.0047 uF), if you want to check prices, and 4 of them are needed.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #255 of 1,388
Looking at the extra space needed, it may not be possible to retrofit without swapping the case also. However, since your top plate ‘needs’ replacing anyway, swapping the case at the same time shouldn’t add considerably to the costs. I would rather not give you a quote on the caps, but in my world they are not expensive, even for a moderately priced amp like H5.
Edit: Miflex KPCU-01 47nF (same as Miflex KPCU-01 0.0047 uF), if you want to check prices, and 4 of them are needed.
Just one more questions, I understand that we are talking about output capacitors upgrade to Miflex. I wondeer if upgrading other parts is worth to go or other (better) capacitors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back