Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #106 of 1,388
Have any of you guys got a copy of the H7M manual you could email me?
Or is the manual pretty much generic across the Eufonika range? If so, could someone email a copy of their manual please?
I've been in touch with Eufonika and not had a reply so far.
There isn't any, you can copy specs and explanation from Wieslaw's H7M ebay ad. Tube-biasing is automatic, so you can swap tubes easily. There is a switch-on delay protection, so it should be safe to switch on the amp both with and without headphones attached.

Tube compatibility:
6N13S - 6N5S, 6AS7, 6080, ECC230 (as per H5 and H6M ebay ads)
6N1P - E88CC, 6922 (as per lawrence's post above)

I would check with Wieslaw, if this goes for all H7/H7M. The model might have undergone revisions, and yours might be an early version, so best to double-check.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #107 of 1,388
Received my h22m yesterday 👍
The amp looks very different to the ebay picture. Being a custom project, I assume the visual appearance is a deliberate choice of yours (transformers hidden, recessed tube sockets, no logo). Any customization inside the box as well?
The ebay ad states a rather high gain, how does work with your ZMFs? (I have Aeolus on my wish list, and H16M has a similar high gain)

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #108 of 1,388
The amp looks very different to the ebay picture. Being a custom project, I assume the visual appearance is a deliberate choice of yours (transformers hidden, recessed tube sockets, no logo). Any customization inside the box as well?
The ebay ad states a rather high gain, how does work with your ZMFs? (I have Aeolus on my wish list, and H16M has a similar high gain)
Well actually I just asked what Wieslaw recommended for my Verite and he mentioned that he was working on this. It uses toroidal transformers which is why they are hidden.
You can see that the potentiometer is a 10 o’clock, I haven’t gone much higher than that. It works wonderfully with the zmf’s especially the Verite is more enjoyable to listen too, not as fatiguing as with the v280

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #109 of 1,388
There isn't any, you can copy specs and explanation from Wieslaw's H7M ebay ad. Tube-biasing is automatic, so you can swap tubes easily. There is a switch-on delay protection, so it should be safe to switch on the amp both with and without headphones attached.

Tube compatibility:

I would check with Wieslaw, if this goes for all H7/H7M. The model might have undergone revisions, and yours might be an early version, so best to double-check.
I'd be a bit careful about rolling the 6N1P, the reason I say this is that my H7 (bought second hand) seems to work fine with a Jan Philips 6922 but shut down after a while with a Voshkod 6N1P. This was a few years ago and I should try it again to confirm, but if it is the case, I wonder if it was a bespoke order to work with the 6922. Or it was a dodgy 6N1P. Or my memory is bad.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #110 of 1,388

Tube compatibility:

Not sure there is a manual has anyone ever seen one?

What do you want to know?
Thanks guys, Just wondered if one was provided.
My H7M should be with me early next week, I'll be connecting it to my Singxer SDA-2. Looking forward to it's arrival.

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #111 of 1,388
I'd be a bit careful about rolling the 6N1P, the reason I say this is that my H7 (bought second hand) seems to work fine with a Jan Philips 6922 but shut down after a while with a Voshkod 6N1P. This was a few years ago and I should try it again to confirm, but if it is the case, I wonder if it was a bespoke order to work with the 6922. Or it was a dodgy 6N1P. Or my memory is bad.
I looked at the 6N1P and 6N1P-EV data sheets. I really don’t see much difference (with my untrained eye). Only thing is the max/min ratings for heater and anode voltages, where 6N1P-EV has tighter tolerances.

Heater: 6N1P-EV is max 6.6/min 6.0, where 6N1P is max 6.9/min 5.7
Anode: 6N1P-EV is max 250, where 6N1P is max 300

How this might cause the amp to shut down, I don’t know, but maybe someone more knowledgable could explain it. Attached are the specs I found for the two tubes.

Attachments

• 6n1p(ev).pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 5, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #112 of 1,388
I wouldn't expect one to work and another not to, I imagine it was an issue with the 6N1P family itself. I always use EV when I have one. In fact I'm currently using one where the box has more letters after the EV (or EB in Cyrillic) I'll have to have a look when I'm home. It's EB-OB or something, whatever that is. I've also got some 6X.. (like Greek Chi) I'll have to look them up too probably not compatible though.

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #113 of 1,388
Well the H7M has arrived, I'm impressed already! It's VERY heavy and solid.
I've connected it up to my Singxer SDA-2 and got my Sennheiser HD 540 600 Ohm cans plugged in. Unfortunately I can't use my balanced Van Damme cable, I've had to reconnect the crappy old original steel cable.
I'm listening to only my third track '1983 (A Merman I should turn to be)' off the Hendrix album 'Electric Ladyland'.
Lovely black silent background, each instrument in it's own space, nice soundstage and great bass authority. Certainly has more weight and authority than the SDA-2's headphone stage, and a smoother top end.
Volume between the 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock position.

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #116 of 1,388
Well the H7M has arrived, I'm impressed already! It's VERY heavy and solid.
I've connected it up to my Singxer SDA-2 and got my Sennheiser HD 540 600 Ohm cans plugged in. Unfortunately I can't use my balanced Van Damme cable, I've had to reconnect the crappy old original steel cable.
I'm listening to only my third track '1983 (A Merman I should turn to be)' off the Hendrix album 'Electric Ladyland'.
Lovely black silent background, each instrument in it's own space, nice soundstage and great bass authority. Certainly has more weight and authority than the SDA-2's headphone stage, and a smoother top end.
Volume between the 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock position.
Hello,
Remember that you can still play a bit with the filters.
Even if it's not much.😉
In general, the Singxer Sda2 is a very sociable dac/amp that I have learned to appreciate.
I find it ideal for tube amps because it brings a lot of charm in my opinion, next to the Wolfson chip that used to exist.

Have fun with your new amp 😉.

Sep 7, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #117 of 1,388
Hello,
Remember that you can still play a bit with the filters.
Even if it's not much.😉
In general, the Singxer Sda2 is a very sociable dac/amp that I have learned to appreciate.
I find it ideal for tube amps because it brings a lot of charm in my opinion, next to the Wolfson chip that used to exist.

Have fun with your new amp 😉.
Thanks! I struggle to tell the difference between the filter settings on the SDA-2, but I will have a play with them again now I have the H7M.
I think this was bought s/h off eBay
It was indeed Lawrence. I assume it's an earlier H7M as it doesn't have pre amp out.

I have been in touch with Wieslaw about valves for the H7M, this is his response to my email.......

'Hello

For the H7M model, I recommend the 6080 vacuum tube instead of the
6N13S. You can also replace 6N1P with ECC88. Any manufacturer.

All the best
Wieslaw

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #118 of 1,388
My H5 just arrived but not without quirks
Top plate is bent at the back and one of the feet under is just hanging in the air. Had to put something under it to level it

PXL_20210907_122815960.jpg

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #119 of 1,388
Top plate is bent at the back and one of the feet under is just hanging in the air. Had to put something under it to level it

What is interesting is that this isn't the first time I've seen the leveling issue. Someone else who recently was selling his H5 here had the same issue.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #120 of 1,388

Irritating but not uncommon in what is effectively a 'cottage industry'.........What does it sound like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back