Ety's - How far in to insert tips?
May 3, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 25
Those triple flange tips goes very deep into ur earcanal. I use the baby blue tips (or the small ones) because they are made of much softer and smoother material. Both of the eartips fit me well, but I find the big tri flange tips material very bad.

It took me about 3 days to get used to my Etymotic hf5, after you get used to it, they will be very comfortable.

May 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm not sure about the sound because i'm in too much pain to focus on it. i did notice that you really have to insert them all the way to get any low end (no surprise there). i am afraid to put them back in. i hope i can get past the fear so i can hear how they sound.

Well, if you feel a lot of pain, then you should try different eartips. but those tips are not long enough to reach your eardrums. But be careful.

May 4, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #18 of 25
I tried the foam tips, and they are much more comforatble. Do different tips create different sound? Which ones are best to get the most bass out of the Ety's?

May 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 25
yes different tips create different sounds. I liked the triple flange best on Etymotics but the shure olives are quite nice as well. It's been too long since I had one to answer the second part of the question but try and see for yourself.

May 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #20 of 25
Used to have a pair of Er6i and would have to say that the foam tips were the best overall. Found the tri-flanged to be a bit uncomfortable for longer use 4+ hrs and I had some issues with them keeping a good seal when moving or being active.

May 4, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 25
I have never had much luck with the tri-flanges on my hf5's. I tried cutting off the third one but it didn't improve much. For me the sound through the shure foams is much better but I think that's really because I can get a much better and more consistent seal than with the stock tips. I used to use foams on the er6's as well.

May 4, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you think the sound was different with the foam vs. the tri-flange?

Yes, I think triflange is marginally better, foam is marginally more "fun" (i.e. less ety sounding)

May 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #25 of 25
I never could use the tri-flange for comfort reasons so have been using Shure olives since they came out but recently switched to the Comply T100x (the one with build in wax filter) and like them plenty when used with the spacer mod for both my ER4 and HF2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back