Etymotic & Westone - Discussion & Impressions (index in 1st post)
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #46 of 408
Somewhere above 1000-2000 Hz they just got WAY LOUDER AND STARTED TO SCREAM. It was anything but flat/reference/clear; it just escalated. I tried with other tips. I tried with a Schitt Magni 3. They were still screaming. I returned them.
I wonder if a defective ER4SR slipped through QA and you ended up being the "lucky winner"? :thinking:

OTOH, I also have the Ety generic earplugs and they really do drop the volume and keep the clarity like nothing else.

I borrowed some electronic Ety pros back in the concert days and they weren't much use. Still, can't wait to go back to a live show.
Which were not much use? The electronic pros, or the "Ety generic earlugs" after you got the electronic pros?

Yeah - we all miss live shows... sigh...

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #47 of 408
@Zachik

Everybody's (and each ear's) HRTF is unique to some degree. Some will be closer to the median and a specific target/tuning, others will differ more. While the ER4SR sound very flat to me in the mids and treble when performing sine sweeps, listening to noise signals and of course music and spoken word (their frequency response seems to match my HRTF very well, except for the ~5 kHz to 7 kHz (don't recall exactly; would have to look it up in my notes or perform another sweep) range that could use somewhat more boost to my ears), it doesn't mean that they will sound right to every individual.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...hin-lines-means-in-heavy-lines_fig3_233592549

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ges-of-the-experiment-The-figure_fig1_7072663

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ocations-Azimuth-and-elevation_fig1_286932626

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #48 of 408
Everybody's (and each ear's) HRTF is unique to some degree. Some will be closer to the median and a specific target/tuning, others will differ more. While the ER4SR sound very flat to me in the mids and treble when performing sine sweeps, listening to noise signals and of course music and spoken word (their frequency response seems to match my HRTF very well, except for the ~5 kHz to 7 kHz (don't recall exactly; would have to look it up in my notes or perform another sweep) range that could use somewhat more boost to my ears), it doesn't mean that they will sound right to every individual.
I know that hearing has quite some variance between individuals.
I was wondering whether that is the case, or maybe @earmonger received a defective unit... Since they were returned - I guess we'll never know for sure.

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #49 of 408
I wonder if a defective ER4SR slipped through QA and you ended up being the "lucky winner"? :thinking:

Which were not much use? The electronic pros, or the "Ety generic earlugs" after you got the electronic pros?
The electronic Ety Pros didn't block enough sound at loud shows. I thought I had a good fit but 100+ decibels has a way of overpowering whatever nuances the plug was trying to generate. The ER20 were way more useful--back before quarantine I always kept a pair in my pocket for urban overload, and I've given them as gifts to EDM devotees.

I also tried a different set of electronic earplugs, which had a very cool-looking EQ phone app--I always wanted to fix the mix!--but were also defenseless in actual loud situations. I've forgotten what they were, and I don't see them on Amazon; they may not be in business any more.

This was a few years ago, and with all the Bluetooth buds around now, maybe electronic earplugs have improved. My Sony WF-1000XM3 do some fairly effective noise cancelling; wish they could do what the Ety Pros promised to do and just lower the volume on incoming sound. Their "ambient sound" mode seems designed to make conversation more audible, not full-spectrum music.

As for whether the 4SR was defective, we'll never know, but it was the same for both ears. With all the praise I have read for Etys, I was eager to try them. As another poster suggests, maybe it's ear anatomy. I should have written down exactly where the sudden peak occurred, but it was unmistakable for me. It wasn't like a feedback scream; it was just a huge boost in that upper range. The $75 ER3XR look SO tempting but Etys may just not be for me.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #50 of 408
The $75 ER3XR look SO tempting but Etys may just not be for me.
If you could return them - I would encourage you to try them! :)
Among MY Etymotic collection (ER3SE, ER3XR, ER4SR, MK5) - the ER3XR are my favorites. Not surprising, since I love bass!!
The ER3SE and ER4SR have better / more details (or the illusion of such) and better separation and air between instruments, but I just prefer more bass personally :L3000:
ER2SE and/or ER2XR will be auditioned, too. Probably next month...

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #52 of 408
If you could return them - I would encourage you to try them! :)
Among MY Etymotic collection (ER3SE, ER3XR, ER4SR, MK5) - the ER3XR are my favorites. Not surprising, since I love bass!!
The ER3SE and ER4SR have better / more details (or the illusion of such) and better separation and air between instruments, but I just prefer more bass personally :L3000:
ER2SE and/or ER2XR will be auditioned, too. Probably next month...

I think you may end up loving the ER2XR even more. At least so do I for non-flat recreational music listening. In fact, they managed to easily sneak into my list of all-time favourite IEMs regardless of price, just because how nicely their tuning is executed.

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #53 of 408
I think you may end up loving the ER2XR even more. At least so do I for non-flat recreational music listening. In fact, they managed to easily sneak into my list of all-time favourite IEMs regardless of price, just because how nicely their tuning is executed.
Now I really gotta have them ER2XRs... :wink:

May 2, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #55 of 408
I’ve been struggling between whether I should buy the ER2SE or the ER3SE. Are the ER3SE significantly more resolving than the ER2SE?

May 3, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #56 of 408
I’ve been struggling between whether I should buy the ER2SE or the ER3SE. Are the ER3SE significantly more resolving than the ER2SE?

To quote my perception:
In terms of technical perception, the dynamic driver Etys are just a smidgen behind the BA Etys to my ears when it comes to ultimate note separation, but this only shows rarely when the in-ears are stressed by very busy, dense and bast sound material. Most of the time, they are remarkably close to the point of being near-indistinguishable.
Slightly “softer” bass presentation compared to the BA Etys but on its own very tight and controlled. Attacks and impact better/easier perceived when compared to the single-BA Etys.
In direct comparison, the single-BA Etys appear to have a bit of “grain” in the midrange compared to the dynamic driver Etys that do not.

Larger perceived soundstage than the single-BA Etys and highly precise as well, but starts to become “foggy”/gives in earlier with spatially very crowded, densely arranged tracks with many tonal elements at the same time, wherefore the ER4SR are my choice with spatially more crowded, more demanding recordings/arrangements.

May 4, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #57 of 408
Etymotic MK5 Isolator IEMs - impressions and comparisons:

Today, I am going to share my impressions on the Etymotic MK5 Isolator, Etymotic’s cheapest IEM in their lineup.
How cheap? List price: $49.95 and currently just under $40 on Amazon.

1620107809618.png

Package and accessories:
The MK5 IEMs come along with:
  • Fixed 4ft (1.2m) cable with 3.5mm plug
  • Eartips: 2 silicone pairs (1 pre-installed) and 1 pair of foam tips
  • Zippered case
  • Shirt clip
  • Printed manual
The cable looks and feels like the ER2 and ER3 cable, other than not being detachable.
It is somewhat microphonic, and attaching it to your shirt with the included clip can help.

Sources used:
In testing out the MK5, I used my Windows 10 laptop as source. Initially, I plugged the MK5 directly to the laptop headphone jack. Then, I added the Dragonfly Black DAC/Amp between the laptop and MK5 and never looked back! The sound improvement is huge. Definitely worth the $99 price tag of the Dragonfly Black.

Build Quality, Fit and Comfort:
Compared to the ER4/ER3/ER2 IEMs – the look and feel is a step down.
The cable is fixed, the IEM shell is made of plastic (instead of aluminum), the zippered case look cheaper, and you get less eartips.
The fit in your ears is the same, as far as I can tell.

Sound impressions:
I have used the MK5 for several different activities. Those activities are listed below, along with comparing to Etymotic ER3SE & ER3XR IEMs. I will also add my recommendations and notes on the fit of the MK5 for those activities:
  • Tidal (lossless) streaming on my laptop through Dragonfly Black:
    • Detail retrieval: MK5 represents a big step down from ER3SE / ER3XR
    • Dynamic range: also feels like a big step down.
    • Bass: lacking, to my taste. For context, even the ER3XR could use a little more bass for my taste, and the MK5 definitely has less bass than the ER3XR.
    • Treble: the highs don't extend as much as the ER3SE & ER3XR models.
    • Conclusion: for music, I would strongly recommend the step-up ER3SE or ER3XR for $30 extra (as of May 2021 - check the 1st post of this thread for links).
  • Watching Netflix movies on laptop with the Dragonfly Black:
    • Lacking bass is noticeable if you like your special effects and explosions… However, if you’re bass sensitive or just hate big explosions – the MK5 will be a good fit for you!
    • Dialogue is super clear. This is where the MK5 shines! People who watch movies or TV shows in which dialogue is the main thing – you will absolutely love the MK5.
    • Testing straight from the laptop headphone jack (without the Dragonfly) – despite being a clear step down, the MK5 still excels in dialogues.
  • Listening to a podcast on the laptop (using headphone jack):
    • Perfect! The super clear speech makes the MK5 perfect for this usage!
  • Zoom call with MK5 plugged directly to the laptop headphone jack:
    • Did I already mention how great the MK5 is for speech? :wink:
    • Noise isolation: great! While being on a Zoom call, I had my window open and I could not hear the neighbor's kids running and screaming outside. Plugging in the MK5 into my ears, and the kids disappeared! If you’re working from an office – you will not hear your chatty colleagues.
    • The downside: when I spoke, I could not hear myself. That is something that you can get used to, or you can just pull one IEM out of your ear, and insert it back once you’re done talking…

Conclusions:
  • For music: A step up from the free earbuds that came with your MP3 player or mobile phone (when they used to include wired earbuds). However, I do not recommend these for music. Dynamic range feels too limited – not enough treble or bass.
  • For TV shows & movies: If you love your explosions and special effects - look elsewhere! If you're watching a musical - that is not for you. But, if you watch dramas or documentaries that are mostly all about the dialogue - these are great. Very clear and easy to understand every single word.
  • Podcasts & audiobooks: MK5 is perfect for that. Absolutely recommended!
  • Zoom calls: Great fit. On one hand the speech is very clear, while totally blocking noise from colleagues in the office or your kids / roommates if you WFH. Only downside is you cannot hear yourself when you speak.

May 6, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #58 of 408
Here is my review for the Etymotic ER2SE https://www.thehonestaudiophile.com/post/etymotic-er2se-natural-brilliance:

Etymotic ER2SE - Natural Brilliance
fd5aec_523ce7434bff4d94ab55fc78a22f200d~mv2.webp

fd5aec_ee20d115055244a38b30064de31d81fd~mv2.webp

Mention the name Etymotic and more then likely the first response you will get is something in regards to the fit and comfort. There are a lot of different shell styles available in the audiophile universe but Etymotic stands out from the pack and is either a love, hate or meh for you. For me the Etymotic fit isn't an issue and I rather enjoy the snug, deep insertion into the ear canal. But for some, Etymotic can be uncomfortable or even painful. So with all that said, how about a review of the Etymotic ER2SE?

Disclaimer: I purchased the Etymotic ER2SE with my own funds brand new off eBay. I haven't been influenced, paid or sponsored by anyone to do this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Specs:

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 16 kHz
Transducers: High performance moving coil driver
Noise Isolation: 35-42 dB
Impedance: (@1kHz) 15 Ohms
Sensitivity: (@1 kHz) SPL at 0.1v 96 dB
Maximum Output: (SPL) 120 dB

Unboxing:

The unboxing experience of the Etymotic ER2SE is simple and basic. There really isn't much at all to discuss. You get the IEM, cable, cable clip, carry pouch, silicone tips, foam tips, cleaning tool and replacement filters. All the accessories, except for the cable come inside a small clear bag that is inside the carry pouch. Seriously, Etymotic could have used a box half the size and everything would have still fit with room to spare. Etymotic managed to fit everything in a tidy, protected way that ensured the customer received the ER2SE without any damage.

file.jpg

fd5aec_cb3e7403e8e341a198785464d726e52f~mv2.webp

fd5aec_481d635831924f68a9a8bc8efced2ee8~mv2.webp

fd5aec_674d33b34c2940d89a35513d7c189201~mv2.webp

fd5aec_86dd3b6171de4753b8150ddaab4d1f41~mv2.webp

file.jpg
fd5aec_5d74c28695d34a54b1be8aa108031e10~mv2.webp

Build/Fit/Comfort:

As mentioned in the introduction, the Er2SE fit and comfort is a sticking point for a lot of potential customers, which is totally understandable. The build of the ER2SE is identical to the ER4XR other than the model number listed on the side of the shell. The small canister shaped shell is made of anodized metal that feels smooth and light in the hand. They are super small at the nozzle so the majority of 3rd party tips will not fit. I find that the silicon triple flange tips worked best for me for comfort; the foam tips were just a bit too large and I had unwanted pressure inside the ear canal; the foam was expanding and pushing against the inside of my ear canal. Length of listening sessions was easily several hours at a time; I could wear them for an 8 hour work day with no problems. But of course, your experience may be different as we all have different shaped ears. The cable is connected via MMCX and is of okay quality. The cable is light but has issues with tangling and twisting along with a bit of noise while moving when in use. The cable noise isn't the worst I have heard but it can be a bit distracting especially at lower listening volumes. The noise isolation is crazy good on the ER2SE; it is like you are in your own little quiet space. When the ER2SE are in your ears with a proper fit and seal, everything around disappears and you are left with the music and your thoughts. If you are someone who can't stand to hear yourself think then you might want to steer clear of the Etymotic ER2SE. Overall, I find that the build is fantastic, the cable is adequate but frustrating with the slight noise issue and the noise isolation is top notch.

fd5aec_179c5f3dd4b2444fbedbabde270f5a24~mv2.webp

fd5aec_4205f4b787864808970fda0408c8187c~mv2.webp

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

Sound: Overall slight but pleasing warmth, controlled, detailed, airy but intimate sound.

Bass: Somewhat linear, detailed, lacking impact The Etymotic ER2SE isn't going to wow you with the bass impact but it will impress with the quality of detail and resolution. The bass is somewhat linear but does roll off slightly in the sub-bass region but it doesn't lose details. The impact can be on the light side at times and I find myself wishing for just a touch more. But the most impressive part of the bass is the details and resolution that the driver produces; there is refinement and accuracy. I find it very easy to locate and place details and I can determine what instrument it is. The speed and control of the driver is on full display as there is all the attack and decay whizzing around to keep the music energetic and natural sounding without any hiccups.

Mids: Forward, slightly warm, light, airy, natural, lacking a bit of density

The Etymotic ER2SE mids are forward just enough so they are front and center of the show but not enough to be aggressive or annoying. The mids have a natural warmth about them that keeps them sounding realistic and life like. There are details all around and plenty of air, isolation and separation of instruments and vocals; everything just sounds accurate. The only complaint I have, and it is a small complaint, is that the instruments and vocals have a thinness and lack just a smidge of density. I do wish at times that there was a bit more weight and body to the mids.

Treble: Controlled, smooth, detailed, energetic, bright

The Etymotic ER2SE treble is fantastic and a favorite of mine. But do keep in mind that I am a bit of a treble lover; I am a sucker for clean, crisp, energetic, detailed and bright treble that is well controlled. The treble of the ER2SE is bright, crisp, energetic and controlled. There is not a hint of harshness or aggression in the treble unless it is in the recording; the treble is very revealing. Another aspect that impresses is the non-fatiguing nature of the treble even though it is on the bright side. I have not one complaint about the treble, it is that good!

Soundstage: Nearby width and depth, revealing imaging, impeccable layering

The Etymotic ER2SE soundstage is not the widest or deepest. The only way I can explain the soundstage is that it is like you are aware of things nearby but you know you have a second or two before they arrive. They aren't intimate, but they aren't average either, but somewhere between. I actually quite like the space of the stage as it gives off a natural feel but more then likely will be too close for a lot of listeners who enjoy expansive stages. The imaging is revealing and blows my mind at how I can track and place everything on the stage. The layering of the ER2SE is impeccable making it easy to place sounds in front, behind and around on the stage. The ER2SE makes it very easy to diagnose a stage.
Tone/Timbre: Natural, accurate

The Etymotic ER2SE has some of the best tone and timbre I have heard in an IEM. Everything sounds natural and realistic. They make it extremely easy to determine the instrument and then to follow it through the song. The only complaint is that I wish that there was just a smidge more of weight and density, but that is a minor complaint.

Pairings:

NextDrive Spectra X: With a slight kiss of musicality, the Spectra X is my favorite usb-c dongle pairing with the ER2SE. It is an enjoyable, detailed journey of naturalism.

xDuoo Link: A brittle, chilly ride of details in nature. The Link is another pairing that I enjoy but it is borderline too analytical for my preference as it loses that natural aura.

MyTek Liberty: A near perfect reproduction of natural soundscape. This is my favorite desktop pairing and is so close to life like that at times it feels like I am there with the artist. I wish that the Mytek Liberty was portable.

Sony NW-A105 Walkman: My favorite DAP I own and it pairs splendidly with the ER2SE, it is like they were built for each other, There is a warm, natural aura about the music as it flows into your ears; doesn't matter if it is a FLAC or DSD file off the SD card or streaming Tidal. If you have the NW-A105 you should highly consider getting the ER2SE for what I think is one of the best pairings that I have ever heard for a DAP and IEM. This pairing is my solution to missing the Mytek Liberty when away from my desk.

Comparison:

Etymotic ER2XR:
fd5aec_dbc1abe01bf24ea297dcde68129a6a95~mv2.webp

The most obvious of choices for comparison is the sibling ER2XR. The first difference you will notice between the two is the weight and density of instruments and vocals. The second difference is the emphasized bass that doesn't lose the details and resolution. The Third difference is a small shrinkage of the soundstage width but the depth, layering and imaging remains. Overall, the ER2XR is more fun and pleasing and the ER2SE is more analytical.

Moondrop SSR:
fd5aec_701bad871cc14785a21e0e41560ebfd9~mv2.webp

Obviously the biggest difference is the build and design as the Moondrop SSR is an over-ear IEM that is shaped like a small heart. Please note that I did change the stock tips out for RHA Dual Density tips on the SSR: https://www.rha-audio.com/us/headphones/accessories/ear-tips/dual-density?c=838
Their are several differences that standout between the SSR and ER2SE. The mids on the SSR are pushed way more forward and can be too much for some. The upper mids region of the SSR has more harshness tendencies and they will travel into sibilance trouble on random occasions. The treble is slightly more elevated as well which adds a nice touch of extension and air. The soundstage is wider and deeper on the SSR but the imaging and layering is more refined on the ER2SE. Detail retrieval and resolution is better on the ER2SE even though the SSR holds its own, especially at its budget price. Overall the ER2SE is more detailed, controlled and refined and I find it to be more pleasing to listen to for longer listening sessions.

Moondrop Aria:
fd5aec_355deb2f7581483aa5cc84aa5a8189b2~mv2.webp

The Moondrop Aria is a newly released IEM that is of the over-ear shell design. Just like the sibling SSR the Aria has a lot of differences when comparing to the ER2SE. First and foremost is the significant bass boost that gives the Aria a huge advantage in the slam and impact category. But the ER2SE is more defined and controlled in the bass as the Aria tends to sound a bit more loose and boomy. The other major difference is that the Aria has a lot more treble and is a lot brighter than the ER2SE, with it comes some harshness and aggression. The soundstage of the Aria is wider but not as deep and doesn't have the pin point imaging and layering of the ER2SE. The Moondrop Aria is a fun and engaging IEM but lacks the refinement of the Etymotic ER2SE.

Tin Hifi T3:
fd5aec_5d287e9819c64415818a374ee40d98f7~mv2.webp

The Tin Hifi T3 has been around for awhile but still remains as one of my all-time favorite IEM. The Tin Hifi T3 is one of the closer sound signature comparisons to the Etymotic ER2SE. Please note that I did change the stock tips out for RHA Dual Density tips on the T3: https://www.rha-audio.com/us/headphones/accessories/ear-tips/dual-density?c=838.
There are a few small differences but the similarities are plentiful. First the T3 has a slight boost in the bass that gives a little more impact. The mids are slightly recessed in comparison to the ER2SE that is mostly noticeable in the vocals as instruments will be a tad more accentuated. There are a couple of peaks between 7k-12k that brings in a bit of aggression and forwardness on the T3. The upper treble is rolled off slightly on the T3 and that removes just a smidge of air in the presentation. The stage is wider and deeper on the T3, with the imaging and layering very similar, but presented in a brighter tone. Tone is similar between the two but timbre is slightly metallic on the T3.

Conclusion:

Overall I find the Etymotic ER2SE to be a complete package and well worth the money. I have a hard time choosing between the ER2SE and the ER2XR. Depending on the mood and task at hand. I will grab for the ER2SE when I need to be a bit more critical or when I just want a tad more stage. I will grab for the ER2XR when I want to relax and get a bit more bass and density. If I had to say which one is the more technical; I'd have to go with the ER2SE. If I had to say which one is the more musical; I'd have to go with the ER2XR but if I accidentally said the ER2SE I wouldn't correct the error. Honestly, they both are great and I more and more lean toward the ER2SE as my preference.

Purchase: https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones/er2se-studio-edition.html

YouTube reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgMj7xJ1SDxGqqxZ5l3g_jg
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LG7Kqp_7f/?igshid=1pj7fm78gz0h2
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TalkDbs @TalkDbs

DBS Tech Talk research and review process:

Audio Terms and Definitions: https://www.stereophile.com/reference/50/index.html

Recommended Gear:
Meze Empyrean: https://mezeaudio.com/products/meze-empyrean
Hifiman Ananda: https://hifiman.com/products/detail/290
Sennheiser HD600: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/best-audio-headphones-high-end-stereo-hifi-hd-600
Sennheiser HD660s: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd-660-s
Meze 99 Classic: https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/meze-99-classics-walnut-gold-wood-headphones
MrSpeakers Ether C (non flow version) https://danclarkaudio.com/
(similar to:) https://drop.com/buy/drop-mrspeakers-ether-cx-closed-headphones?utm_source=linkshare&referer=FTSS2S
Meze Rai Penta: https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/rai-penta
Meze Rai Solo: https://mezeaudio.com/products/rai-solo
ADV. M5-12D: https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/pro-audio/products/m5-12d-universal
Tin Hifi T3: https://www.linsoul.com/collections/tin-hifi/products/tinhifi-t3
Tin Hifi T2+: https://www.linsoul.com/collections/tin-hifi/products/tinhifi-t2-plus
Tin Hfi T5: https://www.linsoul.com/products/tin-hifi-t5?_pos=1&_sid=a6d49043d&_ss=r
Moondrop SSR: https://www.moondroplab.com/ssr
Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 788: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24459
Mytek Liberty: https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/products/liberty-dac/
Soekris DAC1421: https://soekris.modhouseaudio.com/soekris-audiophile-line/dac-1421
Tor Audio Roger: https://toraudio.com/main.html#
Massdrop THX AAA 789:
https://drop.com/buy/drop-thx-aaa-789-linear-amplifier?utm_source=linkshare&referer=FTSS2S
Grace Design SDAC-B: https://drop.com/buy/drop-grace-design-standard-dac-balanced?utm_source=linkshare&referer=FTSS2S
Geshelli Labs Enog 2 Pro: https://geshelli.com/shop/ols/products/enog2-pro-dac-metal-case
Geshelli Labs J2: https://geshelli.com/jnog
Geshelli Labs Archel 2: https://geshelli.com/shop/ols/produ...tal-case-b5ca9a41-69ed-4786-98b2-18f72ae911bf
Geshelli Labs Erish: https://geshelli.com/shop/ols/products/erish-balanced

Music recommendations:
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/5bbf80ce-33f3-4222-a1fc-6539a95415d6 (in order of playlist)
Tingvall Trio “Beat” - piano tonality
Sinne Eeg “We’ve Just Begun” - multiple layer soundstage
Molly Johnson “What a Little Moonlight Can Do” - female vocal tone
Leslie Odom Jr. “Under Pressure” - male vocal tone
Eric Clapton “Change the World” - soundstage, layering and placement
Yo Yo Ma “Ecstasy of Gold” - acoustic instrument timbre
Adam Baldych “Spem in Alium” - acoustic instrument timbre
Pain of Salvation “Stress” - percussion balance
Michael Buble “When I Fall in Love” - orchestral dynamics
Patricia Barber “Code Cool” - sibilance check
Christian Scott “New New Orleans” - shouty upper mids
Tool “Chocolate Chip Trip” - imaging
Hans Zimmer “Why So Serious” - sub bass extension
Marcus Miller “No Limit” - bass control
Dave Holland Quartet “Conference Of The Birds”- bass check
Ilhan Eshkeri “47 Ronin”- orchestra and bass dynamics
Hans Zimmer :2049” - sub bass extension
Cher: Believe - sibilance
Stanley Clarke - Passenger 57 main title - percussion, bass, seperation and placement
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra - The Pine of the Appian Way - soundstage, imaging and seperation
Houston Person - You are my Sunshine - tone and timbre

May 7, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #59 of 408
Has anyone seen a deal on the er2xr for $49? I signed up for Adorama's email deals. Put the er2xr in my basket & then deleted it. I also signed up for the sale alert. They sent me discounts for the er2se, er3xr & the er4sr. I don't know if it matters, but the er2xr is on backorder.

May 7, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #60 of 408
Has anyone seen a deal on the er2xr for $49? I signed up for Adorama's email deals. Put the er2xr in my basket & then deleted it. I also signed up for the sale alert. They sent me discounts for the er2se, er3xr & the er4sr. I don't know if it matters, but the er2xr is on backorder.
The bestselling model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back