Etymotic MK5... any users?
Sep 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #78 of 79
Almost grabbed these but the little uptick at 4k is gonna ruin vocals. 2SE has amazing mids but ruined overall by the typical Ety mid treble canyon followed by upper treble spike (I couldn't seem to flatten out the treble with tips). We need that clean dynamic sound!

May 12, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #79 of 79
hi, i'm ne here this is my first post!i read and listened thousand reviews and today I'VE BUYED TODAY THE MK5 i want to start with them before the er2se.before i tried the ikko oh10 obsidian, too much synthetic sound caused by ba armature; i send back also the tri i13 pro (better than obsidian) too much bass (but nice, bassheads will love them) , nice mids (planar) but only at high volume , highs synthetic too....ba armature.i'm a musician and i do thinks that ba armature aren't my cup of tea for timbre accuracy. i'm a glad owner ow beyerdinamic t70p i love its dynamics definition and it is not for basshead. i search for the frequency response and it seems similar to the ety .... i let you know if'll appreciate the mk5. as a dongle i've got a questyle m12.. very strange product: with the ikko and tri sound awful ,mid too recessed and shrink, but with beyer dynamic t70p it's wonderful as it tame his splashing sound giving a sort of analogic sound never harsh but still informative at the highs and also spacious (or are the t70p spacious?). so i imagine that it will be good also with etymotic mk5 to give them a sort of v sound. goodnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back