Etymotic MC5 vs. Klipsch Image S4 vs. AirBuds
Oct 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pedro H.

Head-Fier
hello guys!
i hope you can help me picking one of these options for me. i've been looking for some IEMs around $50 and I think these were the best options I've found.
The MC5 seems to have the best SQ; the S4 seems to be the most durable one (which is very important to me, since I'm TIRED of having broken earphones and cables); and the Airbuds, even though aren't even commented here at all, seem to be the most comfortable (which would be great too!)
Considering I mostly listen to a lot of different genres (rock, electronic and pop mostly), which one of them would you think it's the best option for me? Do you have an other suggestion near this price?
Thank you very much!

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Definitely not the S4, it has piercing harsh treble.

MC5 is okay, but has an undefined sound quality to it, like nothing has impact. It's definitely the best choice of the 3 though.

I would probably get something from China instead, like the Vsonic GR06, available on eBay. It has bass that you'll probably like as a newbie. If you don't want a bit more bass, though, seek out a HiFiMan RE0 for around $60 used.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Definitely not the S4, it has piercing harsh treble.

MC5 is okay, but has an undefined sound quality to it, like nothing has impact. It's definitely the best choice of the 3 though.

I would probably get something from China instead, like the Vsonic GR06, available on eBay. It has bass that you'll probably like as a newbie. If you don't want a bit more bass, though, seek out a HiFiMan RE0 for around $60 used.

Are their durability nice?
I'm kinda traumatized of when I bought the Sunrise X-Cape last year and it broke in pieces after a week of totally normal use conditions. I'd really want something more durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back