Etymotic HF5 vs UE TripleFi 10
Nov 29, 2011 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

diepra

New Head-Fier
All expperts. I will buy a pair of universal fit IEM. I use to travel by plane a lot and I really like music so, my idea is to have an excelent noise isolation devise and excelent music fidelity too. I will not use any amp due to space lack and the reproducer is an ipod. Which pair will you buy in my case?
I need to decide very soon.
Thanks

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 8
On two different levels.  The single driver BA in the Ety struggles to keep up with busy passages of music where the TF10 does it effortlessly let alone the much fuller sound and larger soundstage.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
On two different levels.  The single driver BA in the Ety struggles to keep up with busy passages of music where the TF10 does it effortlessly let alone the much fuller sound and larger soundstage.

True on all levels. I just received the TF10's from Black Friday sale and all I can say is WOW! Just what I was looking for. Similar to the PFE's with black filters except everything the PFE offers is just that much better with the TF10. At $99 it's an absolute steal. At $400, the PFE clearly provides about 80% of what the TF10 offers. The HF5 is just so thin sounding in comparison.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #8 of 8
The TF is one of the biggest universals and fit and seal can be problematic, I sold mine for that reason. Originally coming from ER4 as my first iem 7-8 years ago I love the Etymotics sound (prefer it to the TF sound) and they provide some of the best isolation of any universal iem. They are DEEP insertion iem's (think next thing from brain implants) and nor everyboby likes that but I can use them 8-10 hours in a stretch no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back