Etymotic hf3 cable
Feb 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

marcnyc

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Etymotic hf2 which I like but I am on my third pair and the cable or the connector keeps breaking, probably from being in my pocket connected to the iPhone.
Is there anyone I can ship these to who can replace the ****ty cable and connector which come from the factory with a better cable and connector? Maybe a fabric coated one that is resistent and a good low profile L-shaped connector? Maybe putting a female connector near the microphone so that maybe I can replace the cable if the plug becomes defective again?
Since these have a mic and volume knobs on them it will have to be a T-R-R-S L-shaped connector, not just a T-R-S one.
Thanks for the advice

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 6
If they are in warranty period I hear Etymotics is good about replacing them for free.  Otherwise these phones don't have a replaceable cable.  If you want Etymotics with replaceable cables, I think only the ER-4 series is the only option.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Etymotic won't fix your headphones but will send a new pair if they're under warranty.  For out-of-warranty phones, there's a program where you can buy a new pair at a discount.  http://www.etymotic.com/cs/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back