Etymotic HF3 and iPhone 3G and Macbook?
Nov 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got a question about Etys new mic-ed IEMS. So, it seems that the HF3 is designed for the 3GS and iPhone 4...but do the controls and mic work for 3G? Does the mic work for Macbooks?

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
can't speak on the 3g, but not only does the mic work on macbooks but the start/stop and volume control buttons do as well.

That is correct, the stop/start and volume control work on your MacBook (if it is one of the newer ones) and stop start work on the iPhone 3G. I don't think that the vol. control works though - only from 3gs and up (i think).

I do not think however, that the Mic works with your MacBook, but that shouldn't matter too much 'cus the Macbook have build in mic and I find that mic to be of much better quality than the mics I have tried on IEMs made for the iPhone.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:

I do not think however, that the Mic works with your MacBook, but that shouldn't matter too much 'cus the Macbook have build in mic and I find that mic to be of much better quality than the mics I have tried on IEMs made for the iPhone.

The mic does indeed work. If you check under sounds in system preferences, under the tab for "Input" the device will change from internal microphone to external microphone. you can verify this by checking the level indicator that it shows in that window and tapping on your mic.

Edit: At least thats the case with newer macs that have the single 3.5mm jack.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
The mic does indeed work. If you check under sounds in system preferences, under the tab for "Input" the device will change from internal microphone to external microphone. you can verify this by checking the level indicator that it shows in that window and tapping on your mic.

Edit: At least thats the case with newer macs that have the single 3.5mm jack.

Jep, that's correct - but as I stated too, it depends on how new your MacBook is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back