Etymotic ER4 series - anyone still favor them?
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #62 of 89
love 'em.

my custom moulds and recable breathed a wee bit of life back into them and reminded me of how damn good they are when i'm in a violently clinical hissy fit!

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #63 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair of er-4p's yesterday!

What took you so long !??

Don't worry, I only waited 15 years.
etysmile.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #65 of 89
I have had my ER-4Ss for 4 years now. Still loving it especially with the new baby blues - the fit is now near perfect - very good bass. Transparent and accurate!

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #68 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What took you so long !??

Don't worry, I only waited 15 years.
etysmile.gif

probably the fact that i am turning 17 next month
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #69 of 89
I've got a pair of ER4s that I've had for... well so long I can't even remember... but, definitely before the ipod came onto the scene...
anyway, I agree they are simply amazing resolving IEM but, that said....
it's that microphonics from the cable that are a bummer.....
I do agree with an earlier comment, they need to be updated with a newer material to cut down on that major problem... otherwise, they are really amazing.

Jul 26, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #70 of 89
I've had my pair of S for a very long time now. I still have the original white tri-flanges. These are softer and more pliable than the newer blue ones and provide better isolation and fit (they are aged). I bought a pair of P recently. These have better bass than the S but I feel that the S has superior highs.

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #71 of 89
Since 2003, I still love my ER-4S. I recently bought an Apuresound cable to enjoy them a little more. It has taken 6 weeks of waiting but it was really worth it.

The only thing which could make me change my mind is a new french brand of IEM: Earsonics. They make custom and universal fit ones. The french professional press and the forums here love them. I will try them in a few months.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #72 of 89
i don't. i don't think they deserve a reserved spot, or even a spot in the Top of the Line Earphones category anymore....

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #73 of 89
They are still the most resolving hp I've heard. They get more use than the ATs or Shures on the portable but the RS-1s are gaining fast.

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #74 of 89
Now we're ripping on the ER-4 headphones? I love mine... have used them regularly for about 5 years. It's not like they have gotten worse somehow.

I'll buy a replacement pair of my current ones ever crap out...

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #75 of 89
the er4p p->s converter is still one of the best buys in headphones, IMO. two very different earphones for the price of one. i think the er4s are stellar; even as a universal, i prefer it over my livewires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back