Etymotic ER3SE & ER3XR?
Aug 11, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #31 of 40
Thanks for your very nice post. It helped me to go to the ER3SE. I come from beloved HF5, then went to the amazing ER4XR that I quickly sold though for some reasons. Enter the ER3: finally, I went to the SE and am glad I did. Well balances, quite neutral but sounding wonderful. I can see the small gap with the ER4XR if really thinking analytical, but without A/B listening both are just so good.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #33 of 40
Is it just me or is the ER3XR boomy and veiled?
Not offensively so, but in some songs with deep male vocals, it certainly feels that way.

not in my experience, but like all iems, fitment is critical. If you aren’t getting a very high level of isolation from outside noise, that’s a good sign you don’t have a good fit. I use westone silicon tips with mine, which deliver exceptional sound and isolation with pretty decent comfort

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #34 of 40
not in my experience, but like all iems, fitment is critical. If you aren’t getting a very high level of isolation from outside noise, that’s a good sign you don’t have a good fit. I use westone silicone tips with mine, which deliver exceptional sound and isolation with pretty decent comfort
I thought it was the fit too and spent an entire day trying to sort it out with no improvement.
Then, I figured out what it was. You're not going to believe this. It was the audio player I was using on my iPhone, jetAudio!
I swapped to another player and bang! Problem solved!
I think it has some sort of DSP running that lowered the upper mids and treble, and boosted the mid bass.
Now everything sounds great!

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #35 of 40
I thought it was the fit too and spent an entire day trying to sort it out with no improvement.
Then, I figured out what it was. You're not going to believe this. It was the audio player I was using on my iPhone, jetAudio!
I swapped to another player and bang! Problem solved!
I think it has some sort of DSP running that lowered the upper mids and treble, and boosted the mid bass.
Now everything sounds great!

glad to hear you worked it out.

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #37 of 40
Interesting. In a general note I'd say these ER3xx have slightly less consistency (based on very limited samples tested) than the ER4(XR) I had the pleasure to use for 6 months. But once you have a good one it should last consistently.

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #38 of 40
Interesting. In a general note I'd say these ER3xx have slightly less consistency (based on very limited samples tested) than the ER4(XR) I had the pleasure to use for 6 months. But once you have a good one it should last consistently.
Oh? In which way are they inconsistent? Like they sound different from one unit to another?

May 10, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #40 of 40
I made a full written review about the Ety ER3SE, hoping it could come in handy for everyone :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/05/etymotic-er3se-iems-deep-connection.html

Etymotic-ER3SE-IEMs-Balanced-Armatures-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back