Etymotic ER-6i :D
Aug 24, 2007 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

pez

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I've finished fighting with myself on which new "entry level" IEM's to get. I really hope I'll like them because I needed something more comfortable to wear with my glasses on than the Super.fi 3. Don't get me wrong, I'm deeply in love with the UE's (<3), but having to adjust them about every 30 minutes when I'm walking around is a little annoying, because the microphonics from my glasses is just unbearable. Also fellow head-fiers, I'll do a comparison between the ER-6i's and the SF3's and I won't do it this time without posting pics.

PS. I wanted to use the "Ety smile" smiley, but I can't find it
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 78
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Here ya go : P

I'm looking forward for your comparison. As a 15 year old, I can't really get expensive stuff, seeing I don't earn the money to buy them. So I bought the er-6i's based only upon reviews\opinions from head-fi and I'm in love. (70$ worth of love).

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 78
yeah, I just turned 16 so i'm getting a job soon, yay
biggrin.gif
, and I had lots o b-day money, so i got a shuffle and er-6i's
biggrin.gif
etysmile.gif
<haha I figured out how to do it !!!!!

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 78
Looking forward to your comparison. I have the Ety ER6i, and used to have the supfer.fi 5. Didn't like the Super.fi's - especially the fit. The Etys should be a completely different sound for you - very detailed upper level, and adeuate, but not overwhelming bass - might take a while to get used to.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 78
Wow, 15 and 16 yrs old are getting Ety these day, suddenly making me feel really old. Is the old HF'er keep fading away or the stereophile market really extend downward so fast?

Anyway, I am looking forward to your review on 6i vs. SF3
etysmile.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 78
ty, i'll start burn-in as soon as i get them

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 78
Pez -- one thing I like about the ER6i's is their total minimalism (physically ... although some would argue they have minimal bass
etysmile.gif
). Apparently, my ears are fairly large, and with the short Complys, the Etys "disappear," so that about all anyone sees is two thin cords coming out of my ears. I, too, wear glasses, and as much as I like the idea of running the cords over my ears, I do prefer the simplicity of running the wires "straight down." Somehow (especially on airplanes), the small Etys and the cord arrangment combine to be "less confining" for me.

The short Complys and the Ety bi-flanges can make for a really small, deep-inserting earphone with really good isolation (I find that listening to more "modern" music and using the foams, the Etys do produce some bass ... not super.fi or Fututre Sonics level bass, but you can hear the notes being played).

I think they are an excellent value. I hope you enjoy yours.

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 78
I'm 19.. not that it matters lol I'm thinking of buying j-jays, er6i or a super.fi 3. If I still can't decide by next month, I think I'll just go for the v-moda bass freq since I listen to a lot of bass-heavy music. It's generally a no-brainer lol

EDIT: cancel that. v-moda bass freq apparently breaks easily. maybe it's the super.fi 3 then.

Aug 25, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #12 of 78
I've been into portable audio since i was about 13.
I remember saving up for so long & borrowing money from my whole family so i could buy this chrome & gold sony walkman that was just gorgeous.
lasted me about 4 months but it was the best 4 months ever
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 78
meh, got my first mp3 player when i was 14, but I didn't really start my headphone craze until about half a year ago.

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #14 of 78
got my first discman at age 9 lol shifted to mp3 players at 12. but I was never really an audiophile.. until I stumbled unto this forum to buy myself a pair of IEMs for my new cowon d2. Now, it seems like I want to buy every IEMs available, just to check them out. lol

After two weeks, I still don't know which to buy and it's driving me crazy. I want all of them!!! :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back