Etymotic ER-4P giveaway. Pick a cover song.
Apr 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #61 of 83
No rush.

By the way (I'm really not trying to lick boots, as the French say), but I think she did a good job on the last Roxette cover. Whatever the decision for the next song is, this is the direction she should head, in my opinion (i.e. distancing herself from Kelly Clarkson and the like). This last cover was very enjoyable, and shows that she can handle stretching herself a bit.

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #62 of 83
for the sake of discussion, i agree, though i think her Kelly Clarkson covers were very interesting because I felt she fleshed out some meaning and emotion that I didnt see in the original recording. It was pretty good at showing her musicianship, i thought. It's a large part of what vocalists do.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #63 of 83
It would be cooler if you recorded the song before making the decision. That would be two prizes at the same time! I'm sure none of us wouldn't mind the wait.

Apr 6, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #65 of 83
Looking forward to an update
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #66 of 83
WINNER is :

CDbacklash with his choice of "Near To You" by "A Fine Frenzy". Era really thanks you for this selection. She never heard the song but really enjoyed it and felt it fit her perfectly.

I'll post an update when we post the cover.

The selection process was really difficult with all the great choices.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions and support.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #68 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WINNER is :

CDbacklash with his choice of "Near To You" by "A Fine Frenzy". Era really thanks you for this selection. She never heard the song but really enjoyed it and felt it fit her perfectly.

I'll post an update when we post the cover.

The selection process was really difficult with all the great choices.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions and support.

wait what. are you serious? Dude this made me cry.
I cant wait to hear the cover, and even if you ended up having to change the key (lol).
I think stew made a very good/interesting suggestion with the blowers daughter. I'm sure more than a few would love to hear it if you want extra ideas for songs to cover. It would be quite an ambitious undertaking, but I think she can definitely do it if she is up for the challenge!
beerchug.gif
Beyond this I would love to hear some originals!
This is my first time winning anything in my short life. It's quite a nice feeling, other than that cramp in my arm oO
Keep up the magic, you two.
smily_headphones1.gif

*Haha i finally understand the "pinch me" thing when it comes to surreal experiences. I get the feeling im going to wake up tomorrow and see a post of me accepting something i didnt win xD

Apr 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #69 of 83
Congrats!! Enjoy them!
smile.gif

Looking forward to the new video. Be sure to let us know when it's up.

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #70 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait what. are you serious? Dude this made me cry.
I cant wait to hear the cover, and even if you ended up having to change the key (lol).
I think stew made a very good/interesting suggestion with the blowers daughter. I'm sure more than a few would love to hear it if you want extra ideas for songs to cover. It would be quite an ambitious undertaking, but I think she can definitely do it if she is up for the challenge!
beerchug.gif
Beyond this I would love to hear some originals!
This is my first time winning anything in my short life. It's quite a nice feeling, other than that cramp in my arm oO
Keep up the magic, you two.
smily_headphones1.gif

*Haha i finally understand the "pinch me" thing when it comes to surreal experiences. I get the feeling im going to wake up tomorrow and see a post of me accepting something i didnt win xD

Me too!!!
biggrin.gif

Lol congratulations, great giveaway.

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #72 of 83
Congrats! A great choice!

Aside from my own suggestions (
smily_headphones1.gif
) I think there were a ton of other good options as well. Blower's Daughter and Life on Mars would be FRIGGIN AWESOME. Maybe she'd consider those sometime too, if the two of you could find the time.

Thanks for holding the contest, and thanks for the music!

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #75 of 83
Congrats to CDBacklash, a worthy winner (even if he does rub salt in, by nodding to my entry in his victory speech!).
Big thanks (of course) to Sleestack for his epic generosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back