Etymotic 6i's vs. Klipsch Image S4's
Aug 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Widgetworks

New Head-Fier
Sup Head-Fi,

First post here. I'm pretty into sound quality, never knew there was a site for these kinds of things.
Anyway, to the point.. I'm looking for a new set of earbuds cause I just got my new iPhone 3GS, and I figured since I upgraded my phone, I'd upgrade my headphones too.
I'm looking at spending less than 150 dollars preferably, unless there's something dramatically better under 200 that would be worth the extra money.
I'm looking at the Etymotic 6i Isolators, and the Klipsch Image S4s.

Both are like $79.99
Which do y'all think would be best, I'm getting mixed reviews for both.
Or is there a set that I overlooked?
For suggestions:
I listen to a lot of down-tempo electronic music, rap, and a lot of rock.
I'm very picky about treble, and I like solid bass, nothing too loud or loose.

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 5
Just curious, any reason you're not looking for headset functionality for your iPhone?

Being able to pause and shuttle between songs with the button is handy, as is being able to easily take phone calls that come in during the middle of your song.

Aug 2, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, any reason you're not looking for headset functionality for your iPhone?

Being able to pause and shuttle between songs with the button is handy, as is being able to easily take phone calls that come in during the middle of your song.

The S4i can apparently handle that for a few dollars more. Find Amy in the Klipsch forum or go to the Klipsch site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back