ety8 In-The-Ear Bluetooth Earphones
Apr 10, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 11
Why do they look ipod specific? *sigh*

Apr 10, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 11
We had a discussion on it months ago... ugliness is a big deterrent.

Apr 10, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Simply becasue having some thin wires is a lot more discrete than having big plastic squares hanging from your ears. I'm guessing SQ would also be better with wires. Wireless technology still isn't advanced enough to be as discrete as a just a couple of tiny monitors you can shove into either ear (sans the cables) and have SQ like cabled phones. It's going to happen some day though...can't wait. No wires = no tangles, no snagging, no microphonics. But it would probably increase the chance of losing the monitor especially if it fell out. Maybe that is why the Ety 8 is so chunky - however they do have some sort of lanyard I think.

Apr 10, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do they look ipod specific? *sigh*

They work with any bluetooth device, not just iPods. The iPod dongle is actually sold in a bundle, and you can buy the Ety8's without it if you choose.

But they do rule out use of amps and many sources. Far as I know, Headroom doesn't yet make a "Total Bluehead" amp series...

I'm in the process of reviewing these for the Maccast....will be in a week or two...

Apr 10, 2007 at 10:39 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugliness is a big deterrent.

Right.

image.php

Okay, actually, I think the guy looks pretty cool.

Apr 10, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no matter what it sounds like, if i get caught with those things on my ears i'll have to kick my own ass.

If you are seen by fellow Head-Fi'ers, I'm sure someone will be happy to help you do it.
icon10.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 11
i dont have high hopes for a long life for this product with all this negative feedback from head-fi consumers alike.
any one wanna start placing bets how long they last?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back