Ety tip got stuck in my ear
Mar 17, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saying. Since this is the full-size forum.

Kind of an important point, considering that stuffing a full-sized headphone up your ear really hurts.

I imagine it would hurt less with a PX-100 lodged in your ear canal than a K1000.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saying. Since this is the full-size forum.

haha, sorry about that. you can feel free to move the thread of course. i haven't been here in a while, can you tell? back when etymotic fans, grado fans, sennheiser fans, all got along in the same forum... or not. haha.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #18 of 36
Yikes, glad it never happened to me, must be a wee bit disturbing. Then again, my Swiss Army Knife features a pair of tweezers, that tip would be out in a wink.

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not the end of the world was it? You could always go a to doctors clinic, the nurse will remove it.

I had to do that recently when I had a piece of cotton lodged in my ear (I don't usually use those cotton ear cleaners, but it broke of and fell right in). It apperantly is quite common.

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #20 of 36
Happened to me once, with a rubber Shure tip slipping off my Westone UM2s.

While it was no triple-flange beast, it still freaked me out a bit.

No tweezers around, had to (very carefully!) use a nail, poking it into the hole in the middle of the stuck tip and dragging it out.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #23 of 36
great, now I'm paranoid about using my ECH's
ph34r.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglehoser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the ER6i *housing* come apart in my ear. That was quite the experience ...

HOLY CRAP!? I always thought ety's were at least semi-durable. Did you have to go to the er?

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #27 of 36
That must have been awful! Did the housing break?

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #28 of 36
Haha wow this would freak me out too, especially if I was out in public somewhere without access to tweezers. Luckily my shure's tips are on solid and don't seem to be in any danger of coming off with some effort.

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #29 of 36
Maybe we should start carrying tweezers around with are headphones.
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #30 of 36
That's happened to me quite a few times. I actually started carrying tweezers in the metal tin I carry my UM2's in. Last time it happened was on a flight halfway to Miami. Had the comply tip in my ear for half the flight. It had happened before so it didn't freak me out. Actually worked out. Couldn't hear the noise of the plane or those around me.
smile.gif
After that, I learned my lesson. Now I carry the tweezers in the tin. Hasn't happened since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back