Ety HF5 or Klipsch X10? (SAME PRICE)
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

frogx345

New Head-Fier
I was looking on Amazon today and they list the HF5 for $99 ($50 off MSRP), which I am very interested in because of their analytical/neutral sound; I have been looking at getting them for a long time. THEN I saw the X10 on for $85! (and they're regular $300 MSRP or something crazy like that)

I don't know a lot about the X10 but from the few bits I've read they're more fun, bass/mid sounding as opposed to the flatter HF5 (again from what I've read about the HF5, haven't actually heard them yet). Do you think, with the huge price savings, I should get the expensive X10's with a sound signature I may not be too crazy about, or just stay with the HF5's at still a pretty good deal?

Please answer soon, the deal may expire soon!

Thanks, Kevin

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 5
The x10's are definitely better value because they're marked down so much. The two earphones have very different signatures though, the HF5's will be much more analytical and focused on mids/highs while the x10's will be bassier.
If you like the signature of the HF5's, you might want to look into some of mp4nation's sales on their B2, which I believe is available for $90. I've owned both the HF5 and the B2 for several years, and the two are very similar although I think the B2 is better in almost every aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back