Ety HF2s Keep breaking
Nov 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heres a small remark that might sound a bit like trolling, but has some truth to it,

the only Ety product worth buying is the ER4, buying anything else from them is tossing money down the tune,

Totally disagree with you on this. While the ER-4P/S is certainly a quality, time-tested, solidly designed IEM, the HF5 is a fantastic earphone and well worth the money. If you're looking for an affordable well-made IEM with superb isolation that sounds wonderful straight out of your portable device then I say look no further. After using the ER-4P and S for over 5 years I found that I actually prefer the sound signature of the HF5 from an unamped portable source. Coupled with my FLAC-loaded 8GB Sansa Clip, I feel that I have amazing sound in a very tiny and lightweight package. Couldn't be happier with it.

Will the HF5/HF2 have durability issues? Possibly, but IMO no more so than the 4P. In my years of owning that earphone I never had any problems with breakage. Both products carry the same 2 year warrantly anyway, and Etymotic is well regarded for their exceptional customer service.

Just a counterpoint view.
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by busstonedfx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the third pair that I've had that one ear just stops working. It has only been like 2 weeks since I had them replaced by ETY. Good thing they honor their warranty, but the combined shipping to and from could have bought me something useful.... Anyone else have this trouble? I don't even think I'm being rough with them...

Are you sure the phones are at fault? I bought a pair of HF2s and couldn't get the pause/answer call button to work. After a little bit of digging around online I found out I had accumulated a bunch of lint in the headphone jack of my 3G iPhone. A shot of compressed air solved the problem. Wouldn't hurt to check.

I have also not experienced any problems with my pair and I am anything but gentle with them. If anything, they seem to be built much more solidly than the ER-6i and are much less microphonic than the ER-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back