Ety ER6's, am I missing something?
Jun 3, 2002 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

marmul

100+ Head-Fier
The jury is still out on these phones. I hear a lot of midrange and the sound IMO is anything but natural. They do seal out any outside noise but they seem to lack image, presentation and are not he least bit warm.

I am risking getting kicked off this sight by saying this but I think my KSC35's sound far superior to the ER6's.

Any suggestions?

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Do you use them with your portable? They sound very average through my Panasonic 470 headphone out but excellent through the Panasonic's line out + amp. Not sure whether the amp or the lineout deserve the credit. They sound pretty good with my MD portable, which has more power.

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 6
Player power should not be too much of a factor. The Koss are 60ohm, and the Ety er6's are 48ohm, I think. Balance out a few other efficiency factors and they should come out relatively about even, no?

Yeah marmul, you are outa here!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

No, seriously. Congratulations on having your own mind and ears! Even the Orpheus wouldn't be worth a lick if some tenuous insertion procedure made it a hit or miss issue. Keep trying with the Ety's, but ultimately go with your ears man!

Jun 3, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 6
I have no clue whether power is the issue. I just know that with my Panasonic portable, there is a night & day difference with and without amp (Little). But in the end: Only your ears can tell. And even if the ears like it, but the rest of you is too annoyed with insertion issues, etc.. Trust your instincts. They are too expensive to keep just because one day they may potentially grow on you. But give them a fair chance initially and the marry them / cut them loose
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 6
The ER6 is a very different experience compared to normal headphones. They do sound much more accurate and much more analytical than most headphones in the market. I have not listened to the KSC35 myself, but I assume that their treble and bass response maybe emphasized compared to the ER6. In my opinion, the treble on the ER6 rolls off too quickly.

If you don't like the ER6, you may want to try the ER4P instead.

Jun 4, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 6
pedxing,

You are correct, the KSC35's are bass and treble heavy. I guess I like that sound. Not sure these ER6's are my bag, I will listen to them for a while and see if I adapt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back