Ety ER6i model numbers ???
Mar 22, 2008 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tech2

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been doing a lot of searching and reading regarding a pair of sub-$100 IEMs and have pretty much decided on the Etymotic ER6i, which I will be using straight out of my Sansa Clip DAP.

Looking for the best price, I did a search and also looked on ebay. On ebay I found a seller that had both an ER6i-BLK-C and ER6i-BLK-B. I am not too keen on buying from ebay, as I am worried about buying a fake, but what is the difference between the "B" and "C" models? They are both black and look to have the same specs. I am looking mainly at the impedance since these will be un-amped, which is 16-oms on both.

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying from Headroom (or another reputable seller), but I'm still curious about the different model numbers.

Thanks.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I think the model number means different types of packaging: B means 'Box'; C means 'clamshell'. The content should be the same.

Mar 22, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the model number means different types of packaging: B means 'Box'; C means 'clamshell'. The content should be the same.

yeah, i think you are right. I bought mine form Amazon, they usually have the newest version, which is the one with the bent plug for both colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back