Etiquette 101: How to behave at a classical concert.
Jul 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #46 of 50
Wow this was an interesting read. Though I completely agree with most of what you guys said and personally I am annoyed by some people at concerts i don't think we should stop going to concerts. Not only are we losing a great experience the orchestra needs our help and buying CDs don't help them nearly as much as tickets as well.  Though this thread kind of died what do you guys think about dress etiquette? I personally always wear a dress shirt,pants, and shoes. What do you guys think?

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #47 of 50
I agree. You should dress to impress when you go to see a classic concert. I also think you should spend some time going over general etiquette like stated in other previous posts. That being said, what concerts has everyone been going to lately?

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #49 of 50
Some people might be here with for a date or be a kid forced to come here. But I think that it's basically an old school concert to go to a classical concert. I think you definintly (sorry about the spelling) should ask if you can post this to the concert's front doors next time. Proper audience etiquette is as important as performance etiquette. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #50 of 50
Quote:
I agree. You should dress to impress when you go to see a classic concert. I also think you should spend some time going over general etiquette like stated in other previous posts. That being said, what concerts has everyone been going to lately?

Last concert was a month ago sadly :frowning2: But it was the pittsburgh symphony performing beethoven's 9th symphony so that was pretty epic. Going to hear Gil Shaham playing Tchaikovsky violin concerto on august 4th with the cleveland orchestra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back