ESW9s or HD25s?
May 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

james0195

500+ Head-Fier
narrowed it down, been looking through these boards for a while and think on of these two would best suit me (found this site very helpful thanks)

looking for portable use and home use
by portable i mean would be used 3-4 times a week, for walking to lectures/work etc etc. Something that would fit in my bag at work etc.

Wide range of music, rap, rock, metal and jazz.

hopefully can order soon, any thoughts?

thanks

May 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 14
I can only speak about ESW9s; have not heard HD25.

I can definitely recommend these. The sound is just pure fun. If you are not looking for something analytical and cold go for these as they are just right for listening to music as an entertainment. I use them while walking to and from work 5 days a week and love them.

As I said in the other thread, the Senns are considered very good too, you will have to read about both and find which sound signature suits your preferences best.

May 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 14
thanks
decided to go with the hd25s
iv had sennheisers before and really liked them, plus they were over £80 cheaper which went in their favour :p

May 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by james0195 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks
decided to go with the hd25s
iv had sennheisers before and really liked them, plus they were over £80 cheaper which went in their favour :p

Good for you! Hope you like them.

May 4, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 14
Let us know what you think!

May 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 14
Are you talking about HD25sp (poor cousin and not very good imho) or HD25-1 ?

I have had both ESW9 and HD25-1 but not at the same time (several years in between) so can't really compare the sq. The ESW9 looks way sexier but are not nearly as rugged. The HD25-1 isolates much better if in noisy environment. I found both very enjoyable sound wise and found the HD25-1 more comfortable for long sessions.

May 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 14
I love my ESW9s for portable - looking for a pair of full-size atm. Any sonically similar full-size headphones? Just need something a little more comfortable (that still sound as good) for wearing often at least 6 hours a day.

May 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my ESW9s for portable - looking for a pair of full-size atm. Any sonically similar full-size headphones? Just need something a little more comfortable (that still sound as good) for wearing often at least 6 hours a day.

I've been through L3000, Lawton Audio LA2000 and have ended with Ed8 but that is all in a rather different price bracket

May 4, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #10 of 14
will do, should be arriving tomorrow.
and the hd1-iis of course, i made sure i checked that out

it was a tough decision, but im getting bored of headphones breaking on me.
and the cost, £80 is quite a difference.

recommend an amp for my imac or ipod?
iv read that the senns dont need an amp, but is it worth it overall

May 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #11 of 14
As I remember my HD25-1 didn't improve/change much at all from the amps I had at the time (HeadRoom AirHead and the Xin SuperMacro, the original version)

May 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by james0195 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will do, should be arriving tomorrow.
and the hd1-iis of course, i made sure i checked that out

it was a tough decision, but im getting bored of headphones breaking on me.
and the cost, £80 is quite a difference.

recommend an amp for my imac or ipod?
iv read that the senns dont need an amp, but is it worth it overall

Very good choice, saying that these headphones are sturdy is an understatement.
Mine have been through rain, snow (snowboarding with them), daily use for subway, drunken times. And still in perfect condition.
The cable exchange (for a hd650 one) is nice but i found it annoying when using these as on the go headphones.

May 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #13 of 14
Just make sure you put them in your testament
tongue.gif

May 5, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #14 of 14
im very very happy with them.
they seem to suit a wide variety of music.
and the durability is a big plus, i tend to break stuff quite easily.

by far better than the beats, i found the beats excellent for hiphop but a bit to bassy where it wasnt wanted.

thanks for the advice guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back