Essential tv shows/movies
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #22 of 47
Comedies - "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", The short lived series "Testees", IMHO the only regular network comedies worth giving a shot are "How I met your Mother" The Barney character (Neil Patrick Harris) is priceless, and "30 Rock". Pay TV comedies: "Weeds" and "Californication"

Dramas: Regular TV: "House", "Heroes", "Lost", "Life" was worthwhile, and "Bones" has it's moments. Pay TV - "Dexter", "True Blood", "Deadwood" and "Rome"

Guilty Pleasures: "Buffy", "Desperate Housewives"Chuck

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its always sunny on philadelphia

Beat me to it, but it's IN!
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comedies - "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", The short lived series "Testees", IMHO the only regular network comedies worth giving a shot are "How I met your Mother" The Barney character (Neil Patrick Harris) is priceless, and "30 Rock". Pay TV comedies: "Weeds" and "Californication"

Guilty Pleasures: "Buffy", "Desperate Housewives"Chuck

I need to see IASi Philadelphia...what's it about?

Desperate Housewives, haven't seen for a long time...Eva Longoria...
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #28 of 47
It's always sunny in philadelphia is funny.. plain and simple trying to describe something that is hilariously deranged and stupid is impossible. The 3rd season is just kick in your pants funny. Titus is pretty funny too, and if you can get his commedy specials aswell as the TV show, Norman Rockwell is Bleeding is hilarious. Its a shame it got canceled.

Oh and I second Dexter (seasons 1 and 2) I haven't seen 3 yet but I really thought they should have stopped at season 2. When I found out they did a 3rd season I was pretty disappointed. No matter how much you want a show to continue, you have to know when to stop a story, dragging it out like all American sitcoms is just dumb... like 24 seasons... oh let's just say anything after 24 hours. Even though I have enjoyed every season so far, every season just seems to "cheapen" the whole tv series.

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #29 of 47
How can you criticize the 3rd season of Dexter if you haven't even seen it?

Season 1 - getting to know Dexter
Season 2 - Dexter gets to know Dexter
Season 3 - Dexter realizes he's not alone
Season 4 - I am looking forward to Dexter's 4th season more than any other TV show this year.

The only real problem I see with Dexter is that there can be only one ultimate conclusion and seeing how it crushes those closest to Dexter won't be pleasant.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #30 of 47
My takes:

- Sex and the city
- Desperate Housewives
- House MD
- Louise Theroux Documentaries
- Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - always fun to watch him abuses people
- Maybe a few episodes of Caesar Milan Dog Whisperer
- Earlier seasons of South Park before they start to run out of funny ideas
- X files the first few seasons before it gets weird and ended with such a sh|tty ending
- Twin Peaks the first season before it gets too weird and What and ended halfway
- 1st season of Prison break before it gets too dragged way too long
- Supernatural is quite okay ghost hunter-themed movie and good if you want to see a new dose of hot chick on every episode
- Ghost Whisperer is worth watching just for Jennifer Love Hewitt's twins only - never actually concentrate on the storyline which I am sure is pretty lame
- So You think you can dance is actually quite interesting in a dancy way
- Heroes the 1st season is good until it all doesn't make sense and becoming absurd with a white samurai in ancient japanese? yeah right
- Two and a half men is actually pretty funny

Can't think of any more at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back