Esoteric P-03/D-03. Pictures and report.
Aug 2, 2006 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
I'll be posting a full report on the P-03/D-03 shortly. A few teaser pics. More pics and details to come.

b5e171c1.jpg

e7f8ae69.jpg
71c4a2ff.jpg

Aug 2, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Damn, that Esoteric looks amazing! More pics please
3000smile.gif

I will post many. Just stunning audio eye and ear candy. I haven't listened to headphones in quite some time, but this combo paired with my SDS-XLR has me up all night tonight. I like the upconvert to DSD output, via dual AES to the DAC, the best.

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 36
That is amazing looking and should complete your conversion to the Digital Side.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Looking forward to checking that one out one of these days. If you need someone to hold onto it while you do that remodeling project, just let me know.

BTW, check your PM when you have a minute not drooling from the P-03/D-03-->SDS. Thanks!

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 36
Congratulations. That should last you a while. I really like the sound of P3/D3, but the one little thing that nags in the back of my brain is whether the combo is too self-deprecating for its own good.

For example, Esoteric's own UX-3 or even DV50S has a more "character," Pizzazz, a certain something that makes you sit up and notice. P3/D3 is so natural and gets out of the way so much that some people may not appreciate its virtues upon first listen. Do you notice much difference vs. PL-1A?

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Congratulations. That should last you a while. I really like the sound of P3/D3, but the one little thing that nags in the back of my brain is whether the combo is too self-deprecating for its own good.

For example, Esoteric's own UX-3 or even DV50S has a more "character," Pizzazz, a certain something that makes you sit up and notice. P3/D3 is so natural and gets out of the way so much that some people may not appreciate its virtues upon first listen. Do you notice much difference vs. PL-1A?

Having listened to the X-01 UX-1, UX-3, DV-50 and DV-60, I think the P-03/D-03 is a major step forward in that it is more transparent, and with the various upsampling and DSD conversion options, it can produce a wide range of sound characteristics. The conversion to DSD is my favorite, but if you like a more "in-your-face" presentation, upsampling to 176 and not using the oversampling gives you a more typical Esoteric sound.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 36
Very, very,very, nice!! Glad they have arrived and you are enjoying them. I guess if your going to go to the dark side(digital)
evil_smiley.gif
, you might as well go all the way. I too would like to hear some comparisons to the Bel Canto.
Congrats on your purchase!

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 36
Nice! Esoteric gear is my dream equipment!

So when are you going to get the Esoteric P-01, G-0s and D-01?
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 36
Something tell me the review will be something like, "It's very good."

Those are probably the two nicest looking components I've ever seen...wow
blink.gif
Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure it was worth it once you finally heard them!

Aug 2, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
!

I'll try to give more detail than that, but you're pretty close. Gotta love that metal tray with the thumbhole. For now, just some more pics:
Resized_DSC00927.jpg
Resized_DSC00926.jpg

Resized_DSC00929.jpg
Resized_DSC00928.jpg

Resized_DSC00922.jpg
Resized_DSC00923.jpg

Aug 3, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 36
You should send Senn. a picture of those HD650s in that system for one of there advertisments!
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #13 of 36
I know the old saying but how much does that set up cost? It makes me drool just by looking at it.

Aug 3, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy

Those are probably the two nicest looking components I've ever seen...wow
blink.gif
Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure it was worth it once you finally heard them!

LOL! Yeah it would be quite a surprise if the review stated they just weren't up to par.

Aug 4, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #15 of 36
Sorry. Personal matters have me short on time for words, but if you like Bel Canto, here's my 2.2 channel in its latest configuration. I have another 2.2. setup upstairs, with the even bigger 20/21s. Pics to come.:
Resized_DSC00930.jpg
Resized_DSC00935.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back