ES7 vs HD280 Pro??
Jul 18, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #256 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my ES7s today. Man, these things kick butt!!! I love the impact and detail and oh so milky warm sound. They sounded great out of the box and look gorgeous. These are 10X better than the HD280s (IMO of course).

so??

any impressions yet??
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #257 of 276
Hi, i'm considering the ES7's, but from all the pictures posted in this thread, the ones on audiocubes and ATH's website look like they're rounded, not flat and glossy like some if the pictures.

Any idea what's up or am I missing something?
f_audiotechnica_athes7.jpg

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #258 of 276
I think those are photoshopped and 'made' to look glossy.. But they are flat and mirror finished
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #259 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dscn0875ks2.jpg

well, i think this gives you an idea, but i've seen better pics of the ES7 alone!

apart from that... really great HP!
wink.gif
good choice!

Oct 26, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #260 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be noted that IMO the graph for the HD280's is really wrong. While the HD280's have a bit of an mid to upper bass suckout they go lower with more power than any other headphone I've heard. I have a couple tracks I use as a reference and I swear nothing has quite managed the deep, deep bass like the HD280's did.

I've mentioned it to Tyll before and I forget what the exact verdict was but if I remember correctly he thought I might be on to something and was going to look into it but I don't know if that ever happened.

Yea, the graphs on headroom are totally out in the blue, this graph suggests that the 271 has higher levels of low bass, and i can assure you that they do not compare to the 280pro.
to my ears, and that is with emphasis to my ears, the 280pro is a lot more neutral for a closed can, than anything else ive used, both in the studio (use them for mastering) and on the subway.
Neutral as in usable!
Accually, i couldent resist them, so yesterday i went out and bought myself a pair. got them i n silver, and as i know pretty well how bloody good they will be in say 200 hrs or so, im really happy today! (Johnny Cash is with me right now).
Great cans!

graphCompare.php

Feb 16, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #264 of 276
ok, has anyone listened to the denon d1000 and es7 and can comment on the sound quality difference?
I checked out skylabs review and it seems like the d1000 is far superior, but I've seen other reviews that aren't so praising of the d1000s.

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #265 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my 2nd ES7.. after selling my 1st one... I miss it way too much
biggrin.gif

Man, I understand you!... Just been out of one odd work week without mine. First thing home - listen to them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #266 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I understand you!... Just been out of one odd work week without mine. First thing home - listen to them!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm getting rid of MS2i as soon as it arrives - it sounds great but too uncomfortable to me, whatever mod I do

Feb 17, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #267 of 276
I picked up my pair of ES7's in April 2007 in Hiroshima, and I love them. The great part was that I got them for only 133000 yen, which at the time I think was around $130 CAD. Great deal. Main complaint is the cable, I just wish it was a bit thicker (for durability). Also the shiny sides now have hairline scratches (cries inside)

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #268 of 276
Well that was a bargain!! great deal for great pair of HP!! but I have to agree! the cable is thick...
frown.gif
(no complaints till now, though!) Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun_Gandhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up my pair of ES7's in April 2007 in Hiroshima, and I love them. The great part was that I got them for only 133000 yen, which at the time I think was around $130 CAD. Great deal. Main complaint is the cable, I just wish it was a bit thicker (for durability). Also the shiny sides now have hairline scratches (cries inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back